Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week in gay news

Bill to nullify Missoula's equality ordinance receives backing in House
http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_d524dd38-3f10-11e0-85cd-001cc4c002e0.html

Basically one small city in Montana has one LGBT anti-discrimination law on the books but the state Congress doesn't want that, so it is passing through a bill that nullifies any and all LBGT discrimination laws throughout the state, trumping the local statutes.

It does not touch those anti-discrimination statutes for any other protected class.

So? Those laws are dumb anyways. Like the guy says at the end, the current laws already protect everyone, why do lgbt need special treatment on top of that? Seems to me like reverse discrimination.

giant-centipede.jpg

So? Those laws are dumb anyways. Like the guy says at the end, the current laws already protect everyone, why do lgbt need special treatment on top of that? Seems to me like reverse discrimination.

Do you find it discriminatory for a landlord to NOT be allowed to deny renting an apartment to a black person because you don't find that type of person agreeable with your ethical code? If you do, then you are right. The purpose of laws like that, since the beginning of women's rights laws and the Civil Rights laws were to push start acceptance of suspect classes of people into the broad mainstream of society.

Also, no. No I do not agree that all citizens are equal in Montana under Montana law. Can a gay man give blood in Montana? Can a lesbian adopt a child in Montana? Can a homosexual couple apply for a government loan for a house without the threat or possibility of being immediately denied? No. And I haven't even brought up the unions part.

Those would be eqaulity laws for everyone, not special laws for lgbts, should a straight white guy be denied a promotion because the fire department needs to have so many minorities to comply with federal law?

Isolating certain groups only pisses off other groups who otherwise wouldn't care. Montana has broken laws that need fixed, they don't need special little laws everywhere.

Those would be eqaulity laws for everyone, not special laws for lgbts, should a straight white guy be denied a promotion because the fire department needs to have so many minorities to comply with federal law?

Isolating certain groups only pisses off other groups who otherwise wouldn't care. Montana has broken laws that need fixed, they don't need special little laws everywhere.

Then please tell me why this bill does not globally through the state remove any anti-discrimination statutes for any other type of citizen such as women or racial minorities?

"The fight started when the couple realized that they had no maple syrup for their pancakes. They asked the table over if they could have some of theirs because their pancakes wouldn't taste the same without the maple syrup and one of the two girls response was "bitch, your pancakes look fine to me!" And from there, all hell broke loose."

Because that is what really happened...

Last edited by a moderator:
The same way I don't think the gay community should use the large flaming guy in drag sterotype as their spokes person, the african american community has to stop letting people like this serve as their spokes people.

Who in drag talks to the press about gay issues? You hear/see Ellen or Rosey or the homo-normality of Neal Patrick Harris or the political activism of someone like Dan Savage, all very far from stereotypical gay people. I do agree, however, more people like Anderson Cooper need to come out and do something with their visibility.

supposedly anderson grew up with a painting of his mother, gloria vanderbilt, hanging over his bed. that's pretty fucking creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.