Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apple discontinued the iPhone 3G on June 7th, 2010. So technically someone could have walked into AT&T on June 6th and picked up the phone on a 2 year contract. The last update Apple is going to push out for the phone was Nov 22nd, meaning 1.5 years of the phone's contract the phone will never have an update. I guess I hope there's no software issues found in that time.

So my cousin is getting married in May...

Minor background: She's the "follow up" or "runner up" cousin to everything, and tries to one-up everything I do. I had a big family celebration when I turned 21 (my parents bought a bottle of champagne when I was born and we opened it at Easter for my birthday), and after she caught wind of that she asked her mom to throw her a "surprise" party for her 21st 3 months later. When we got engaged, she made the annoucement at Christmas Eve dinner that she would be engaged within the year, and lo, she had a ring two months later. When I offered her congratulations, her only response was "I already have a dress for your wedding". The day after we got married, my mother held an afternoon open house so family and friends could hang out. She used the opportunity to shove her ring in my face and tell me her wedding will be better because she is going to have so many more people than we did.

They're strictly asking for cash for the wedding (massively tacky). We've been told that they're splitting the money in three: the house gets a third, she gets a third to do whatever she wants and he gets a third to do the same. Way to start a marriage together on the right financial foot :rolleyes:

I just got her bridal shower invite (600miles away...). Would it be tacky if I regifted something for her instead of forking over cash, and put the money towards a Tadashi Shoji dress for her wedding? :lol:

Minor background: She's the "follow up" or "runner up" cousin to everything, and tries to one-up everything I do. I had a big family celebration when I turned 21 (my parents bought a bottle of champagne when I was born and we opened it at Easter for my birthday), and after she caught wind of that she asked her mom to throw her a "surprise" party for her 21st 3 months later. When we got engaged, she made the annoucement at Christmas Eve dinner that she would be engaged within the year, and lo, she had a ring two months later. When I offered her congratulations, her only response was "I already have a dress for your wedding". The day after we got married, my mother held an afternoon open house so family and friends could hang out. She used the opportunity to shove her ring in my face and tell me her wedding will be better because she is going to have so many more people than we did.

They're strictly asking for cash for the wedding (massively tacky). We've been told that they're splitting the money in three: the house gets a third, she gets a third to do whatever she wants and he gets a third to do the same. Way to start a marriage together on the right financial foot :rolleyes:

I just got her bridal shower invite (600miles away...). Would it be tacky if I regifted something for her instead of forking over cash, and put the money towards a Tadashi Shoji dress for her wedding? :lol:

In a word: No!!!

nah. just go along with her wishes.

at the wedding though, start a betting pool for how long their marriage will last, and try to keep it a secret from her during the whole thing. its best if she doesn't find out for a few months, or until she's getting a divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.