Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The laws are in place. Has it stopped them?

That's what I thought. Just like gun control, it ain't going to stop anyone who doesn't otherwise give a shit. All it does is fuck those of us who would be a bit more responsible.
Way to jump to conclusions. Just because they aren't enforced in your area doesn't mean they aren't enforced anywhere. Every single person over 16 here knows an open container will probably land them with a $800 fine or an overnight stay in jail.

It works,full stop. We also have strict anti-panhandling laws. Ever since they cracked down on enforcement people actually go downtown.

Way to jump to conclusions. Just because they aren't enforced in your area doesn't mean they aren't enforced anywhere. Every single person over 16 here knows an open container will probably land them with a $800 fine or an overnight stay in jail.

It works,full stop. We also have strict anti-panhandling laws. Ever since they cracked down on enforcement people actually go downtown.

If it was actually working, then why bring up what it's for as if it's a present tense issue. That's not jumping to conclusions, that's taking your tense and syntax at face value. No worries. Won't make the same mistake again.

Speaking of jumping to conclusions

Just because they aren't enforced in your area

I never said a single word about enforcement in my area, at all.

If it was actually working, then why bring up what it's for as if it's a present tense issue. That's not jumping to conclusions, that's taking your tense and syntax at face value. No worries. Won't make the same mistake again.
I said: "You wouldnt think [it] so dumb if you lived somewhere where there are people sat on doorstoops all day harassing passersbys."

Sat is something the people do themselves, not something done to them, that would be "seated."

I never said a single word about enforcement in my area, at all.
You said "The laws are in place." and implied that it doesn't solve the issue. Laws are only effective if they are enforced. Desuetude (real word) means that a pattern of non-enforcement renders the law void. It is the logical conclusion that since they don't prevent they are ineffective, and since they are not effective you consider them pointless and therefore void. Likely reason being lack of strict enforcement.

Last edited:
I said: "You wouldnt think [it] so dumb if you lived somewhere where there are people sat on doorstoops all day harassing [this is the verb] passersbys."

Sat is something the people do themselves, not something done to them, that would be "seated."

hi. Key word. THINK. Pretty sure that is present tense, and since it's the primary verb in the sentence, it indicates current tense. Try again.

You said "The laws are in place." and implied that it doesn't solve the issue. Laws are only effective if they are enforced. Desuetude (real word) means that a pattern of non-enforcement renders the law void. It is the logical conclusion that since they don't prevent they are ineffective, and since they are not effective you consider them pointless and therefore void.

Laws are only effective if they are enforced, eh? Good thing that murder, rape, robbery don't happen any more either because of enforcement. Oh wait, they do happen, so, according to you, laws against murder are not enforced across the country, right?

You made a douche comment and now are just making it worse with some serious bullshit. Just man up, own up, and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.