Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Lilly in a Montessori school, it's pretty fantastic. I am seriously considering keeping her in that rather than public school. She's not yet 2 and dresses herself, socks shoes and all, she counts to 20 and sings the alphabet, and she doesn't wear diapers during the day anymore. She also says please and thank you for everything, she's more polite than most adults I know. I can't say enough good things about the Montessori school.

My wife wanted to avoid Montessori schools. (I don't know why though)

It's amazing how much the grow from turning two to almost 4.

You mean when they perform a service, they are paid for it? How magical....
Creation of money through fractional reserves can have nothing to do with interest.

E.g. If the reserve ratio is 10% and you deposit $500 at a bank, the bank then has $450 to lend out. The bank lends $450 which gets deposited at another bank, bank 2 now has $405 to lend out. Bank 2 lends $405 to bank 3, that bank now has $364.50 to lend out. The initial $500 deposit is now supporting $1219.50 in commercial bank money.

My wife wanted to avoid Montessori schools. (I don't know why though)

It's amazing how much the grow from turning two to almost 4.

My MIL had a bad opinion of them too, it's not at all a traditional learning philosophy so if you're looking for a traditional education system then it's not for you. For us, it fit well with our parenting philosophy and we're very pleased with the results so far. It was hard for me to get used to it at first because independance is stressed SO MUCH, I'm kind of a doting type of mom :lol: I had a hard time letting go a little bit. Now it's cool to sit back and see how much she can do.

My MIL had a bad opinion of them too, it's not at all a traditional learning philosophy so if you're looking for a traditional education system then it's not for you. For us, it fit well with our parenting philosophy and we're very pleased with the results so far. It was hard for me to get used to it at first because independance is stressed SO MUCH, I'm kind of a doting type of mom :lol: I had a hard time letting go a little bit. Now it's cool to sit back and see how much she can do.

We're all about independence as well. He didn't get to go places until he put on his own undies and pants. He still has a little issue with wiping himself after the bathroom, but he's getting progressively better at it.

Girls are much easier initially. This has been confirmed by people I know that have both.

I have heard the same as well, girls start out easy and get harder (teenagers, I shudder to think), boys start out difficult and mellow out

I have heard the same as well, girls start out easy and get harder (teenagers, I shudder to think), boys start out difficult and mellow out

Well it's not that boys are more difficult per se, but they have more energy, are more active, obviously bigger and stronger. It's all about whether or not you have the energy to keep up with them. That's what makes it hard.

We're all about independence as well. He didn't get to go places until he put on his own undies and pants. He still has a little issue with wiping himself after the bathroom, but he's getting progressively better at it.

I'm really amazed how much of my day is spent discussing poop and toilet habits these days :lol: When I pick her up in teh afternoons and I ask the teacher, "How was she today?" I get a full poop report card :lol:

Well it's not that boys are more difficult per se, but they have more energy, are more active, obviously bigger and stronger. It's all about whether or not you have the energy to keep up with them. That's what makes it hard.

my 3 youngest brothers are each 2 years apart, I'm 10 years older than the youngest, when the three of them were little and running around together, Oh Mah Gawsh it was just trouble. They were good kids, don't get me wrong, they weren't bad, just NUTS! Mischievious is an understatement

Creation of money through fractional reserves can have nothing to do with interest.

E.g. If the reserve ratio is 10% and you deposit $500 at a bank, the bank then has $450 to lend out. The bank lends $450 which gets deposited at another bank, bank 2 now has $405 to lend out. Bank 2 lends $405 to bank 3, that bank now has $364.50 to lend out. The initial $500 deposit is now supporting $1219.50 in commercial bank money.

I guess EVERYONE should just do this then! Are you following yet?

Terrible Twos don't lie :lol: She's actually wonderful when she isn't throwing herself on the floor kicking and screaming.

How's yours?? How old is he now? Lilly will be turning 2 next month. We're thinking of doing her party at Monkey Joes rather than at the house and we're debating over whether we should invite all 16 kids from her class or just the ones we know.

my beloved kiko is 4!!! he starts school in September... im sooo sad... but hes so excited about school!!
he talks so much (in Spanish, English, Portuguese and now is about to learn French in school)
he has an awesome imagination and is super active... like OMG ACTIVE!
i love him so much.

Or even better you take a 0% loan from the FED/Treasury/whoever, "keep" 10% of it and loan the rest out. Yay, money out of nothing! Fractional banking is... great.

Ahhhhh finally you add the missing piece. Time. If wealth is based on time, and humans are limited by time, then wealth is not infinite.
I didn't "add" the missing piece because it was never missing. Trying to argue from the standpoint that there's a limited amount of money at this very picosecond in the space/time continuum is pointless. You cannot take time out of the equation. While individual humans are limited by time, our species is less so and given that the existence of money is dependent on the existence of our civilization it makes no sense to suggest that there's any artificial limit on the amount of money beyond the limit of our own existence as a society.

huh??? Don't put words in my mouth and then argue them. Well fuck I don't care if you argue them, just don't put them in my mouth. If you want to know where I am going with this then ask, don't pretend to be smart and assume.

I will do as I wish, however I didn't put words in your mouth. There is no other possibly interpretation for the post that you made. If it was misunderstood then you are at fault for your lack of ability to get your point across properly. It's convenient to blame others for your failures but try to keep up with the rest of the class.

Status
Not open for further replies.