Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
I use Interactive Brokers. It's a pretty excellent medium intensity platform. The software is a little clunky. Large short pools as well unlike the typical discount brokers.
Rates look nice for active trading. I mostly buy and hold though, researching companies on paper is 99% of my 'activity,' this week has been a bit of an exception, like stock market on sale. Preferred stock and royalty trusts are where I make the money.

Last edited:

Casper

Bobbert Cheapstein
Oct 6, 2009
If you're trading penny stocks, IB isn't that great. Except in certain cases, their commission structure is based on numbers of shares ($1 per 100 shares, $1 minimum charge). If you're day-trading you can also modify order bundles and pay significantly less. The more expensive stocks I've traded I've paid as little as $2 in commission round trip. The only time that system backfires is when I only get partial order filled. That's annoying. If I get 1 share of something, I still pay as much as if it was 100.

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Maybe for mutual funds, but I think fidelity has more choices even.
If you're trading penny stocks, IB isn't that great. Except in certain cases, their commission structure is based on numbers of shares ($1 per 100 shares, $1 minimum charge). If you're day-trading you can also modify order bundles and pay significantly less. The more expensive stocks I've traded I've paid as little as $2 in commission round trip. The only time that system backfires is when I only get partial order filled. That's annoying. If I get 1 share of something, I still pay as much as if it was 100.
I don't trade penny stocks, I have a couple delisted positions that are OTC and even then I feel kinda dirty :p Tried their demo, you weren't kidding about kinda clunky. I like their choices though... Have to get my current place to know that I have a SS number in the meantime, stupid 9-5 customer service.

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
xxAQZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.