Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does april manage to find a job in a line of work thats continually shrinking because companies are shrinking and as db pointed out, many hr depts are full of worthless admins who have long since been let loose, in like a month while everyone else claims thier are no jobs and we need to extend un emloyment into retirement? Bunch of lazy worthless fucks in this country sucking at uncle sams teet funded by us need to be cut off already.
I was just in the right place at the right time...

Oh and busted my ass loooooking for trabaja.

Not ours in my company. They are quite lazy, taking weeks to just pass a note to a superior for approval, or pawning off any amount of work to someone else. "Please call that number for more information about your raise" "Please call this number for general questions about health plans" "If you have an issue with your manager, please call this other number."

Nope, no patience for them at all.
If you work for a large corporation, and that's somewhat typical.

That's sorta like the issue I'm having actually. No one will tell me what her assets were until I have random document filed, court doesnt want to file random document until I can list all her assets. It all comes back to the house value.

Like beating your head into a wall. Eventually the county sent my sister and I a threatening letter stating that if we didn't do something they were going to charge us some outrageous sum for delays plus put a warrant out for my sister's arrest (she was the executor). So we sent them a letter asking what they recommended we do (certified of course). That was almost a year ago and we haven't heard back from them. No warrant has been taken out against my sister. We've done everything we can, filed every paper and form they've asked, payed all taxes they've asked, everything. It's just the property we can't figure out what to do with. Right now we are just renting it out. Eventually we'll sell it, but probably not until our kids are ready to go to college.

No one in the entire process responds to mail, or phone calls. I left voicemails at the contact number I was given everyday for almost the entire last month, the accountant sent them mail and left messages. blehhh

Last edited:
noooiiice!

kYTQY.jpg

If you work for a large corporation, and that's somewhat typical.

When the head of HR gets asked in a building-wide meeting by an employee "So am I going to get laid off or not?" or "Why am I getting laid off" or "Is our building closing down" and doesn't give an answer, you are a shitty person and not doing your job. You are a politician, a puppet.

if it's a big company they can't just blather that kind of shit out without an official press release by corporate communications. they can discuss it after the announcement. can't see how you don't get that

When the head of HR gets asked in a building-wide meeting by an employee "So am I going to get laid off or not?" or "Why am I getting laid off" or "Is our building closing down" and doesn't give an answer, you are a shitty person and not doing your job. You are a politician, a puppet.

Yeah, it's not like the HR manager can just give out this information if it isn't authorized. They represent the company they work for just like you. If they start talking about stuff without company approval they lose their job and yes, in a way that does make them a politician. It's a hard job, but mostly they are there to protect the interests of the company, not yours.

after a 6 year hiatus the city is bringing back music midtown atlanta they just announced. this first year back it's only going to be a one day event where it used to be 2. tickets $55. pretty good deal to see a ton of bands.

some of the acts announced: Coldplay and The Black Keys and a slew of burgeoning alternative bands such as Cage the Elephant, Band of Skulls, The Joy Formidable and Atlanta-based Manchester Orchestra.

Remind me of the date on this. I went to one in 00 and it was awesome. Saw the wallflowers, Dylan, Indigo girls, and tons of other good bads.

I'm not a fan of HR. At my work that is the hardest building to get into security wise and they treat you like you shouldn't be in there. All they seem to do is create of bureaucracy with paperwork that makes no sense and a stupid goals system (Fuck you Success Factors and your mom and the whole damn family) that gets in the way of you doing your job. Because they want paperwork out the ass on set goals my boss comes up with the most pain in the ass shit jobs that don't need to be done just to have something to put into that system rather just say do what we pay you to do. Last year he wanted me to retest all of the network jacks in a large portion of our campus. Like half of our downtown buildings. So I spent weeks moving furniture to locate jacks that haven't been used in years or will be used so I could fluke them. I even had to disconnect users that were using working jacks so I could fluke them to prove they worked. Do you know what a pain in the ass it is to explain to a hippy pottery professor that I needed him to move so I could fuck up his work space to test something that already worked.

Even the evaluation/pay raise system has gotten so convoluted that the mangers have no clue how it works even after multiple training class.

Remind me of the date on this. I went to one in 00 and it was awesome. Saw the wallflowers, Dylan, Indigo girls, and tons of other good bads.

I went to the one in 03, or maybe 04, that had Outkast just as they were hitting it big with 'The Love Below', plus George Clinton, Offspring, and a crapton of other bands.

It was fun, but kind of a nightmare of crowds and douchbaggery.

Status
Not open for further replies.