Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
creationists say evolution is blasphemy and going along with it to appease non believers is a sin. basically to believe any part of evolution you have to skip the first 3 chapters of genesis and start believing at chapter 4.

Catholics (outside of the US) believe in evolution. Or at least JPII pretty much did...

A lot of Catholics inside the US believe in Evolution, too. I went to Catholic school. They taught evolution not as a side theory, but as the current belief of how things came to pass.

Creationism was merely mentioned as a story from Genesis.

A lot of Catholics inside the US believe in Evolution, too. I went to Catholic school. They taught evolution not as a side theory, but as the current belief of how things came to pass.

Which in some ways I can appreciate them trying to stay relevant. But on the other hand, that shit really pisses me off. If religion is from God, it shouldn't change. Ever. The fucking Sun should still orbit the Earth, regardless of facts. But if they don't change, everyone realizes its a scam.

I think Creationists and fundamentalist Mormons are fucking idiots, but I do appreciate them actually standing tall for their religion.

creationists say evolution is blasphemy and going along with it to appease non believers is a sin. basically to believe any part of evolution you have to skip the first 3 chapters of genesis and start believing at chapter 4.

Yes, but that's only if you take the bible literally. Then there's problems. You're calculating a timeline based off of what was presented and skipping over times/eras not in the bible itself.

Which in some ways I can appreciate them trying to stay relevant. But on the other hand, that shit really pisses me off. If religion is from God, it shouldn't change. Ever. The fucking Sun should still orbit the Earth, regardless of facts. But if they don't change, everyone realizes its a scam.

I think Creationists and fundamentalist Mormons are fucking idiots, but I do appreciate them actually standing tall for their religion.

Because interpretation can never change right? Catholics to my knowledge have never taken the Bible literally word for word.

I wonder if most of them realize Genesis was not one of the first books written.

Genesis is the word of God though. If you pick and choose what parts of the Bible you want to believe in, then you might as well go ahead and give the whole thing up because it's an admission that the thing is a fallacy and can no longer argue other points in it as truth. Such as God or Jesus actually existing.

Here is Edward the Forum Cat enjoying his new favorite box:

DSC_5581%20(Medium).JPG

yeah but half the country still doesn't believe in it and of those the overwhelming majority replace it creationism as their origin story

Yes, but that's only if you take the bible literally. Then there's problems.

there's also the problem that people simply get to decide which parts are taken literally as "the word of god" and which parts are just parables and metaphors. every decision on which one is which is mostly arbitrary and comes down to the individual's sense of convenience. did jesus really walk on water? did moses really part the red sea? did god really ask a dude to kill his own son? all of them in the realm of the supernatural yet how come there are different ideas as to which ones are real and which ones are just there to teach lessons just like there are different opinions on whether the creation story is real or not?

Which begs the question Coqui, which parts are the Word of God to you?

That would open up way to many questions (i.e. if I don't spend 15 hours making this post, there will be a ,"what about this part, or that part?" response)

I believe that the major people involved did really exist (Jesus, Mary, Moses, etc.) I believe in God, I believe that Jesus died for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.