Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an IT consultant, so it depends on the clients. Most of them do not have a standard platform, various manufacturers and various models. Generally I sell Dell Optiplex computers, and when I put a new computer in for a client, yes, I add it to the domain, sysprep, and I make an Clonezilla image of the PC so it can be rebuilt easily and/or pushed out to the next computer that gets installed. I don't have any clients with more than 10 or 20 computers in one location.

ahh yeah, with that many computers there is no need for a network SOE.

I've been looking for a new application to make images of our non-standardized computers (mostly laptops). I've checked out Acronis True Image, but I haven't come across Clonezilla. What is your opinion of it?

ahh yeah, with that many computers there is no need for a network SOE.

I've been looking for a new application to make images of our non-standardized computers (mostly laptops). I've checked out Acronis True Image, but I haven't come across Clonezilla. What is your opinion of it?

Why not just use Ghost?

The application, not the angry midget.

Acronis is the shit, but $$$. I'm one of their partners. I haven't sold a lot of their software. Clonezilla is great, mainly because it is free. I find it easy to use (since I am familiar with Linux). You can make bootable ISOs which is great for computers not on a network to load the image from a server/NFS/CIFS/etc share. Downside to Clonezilla is not being able to image to dissimilar hardware (Acronis can do this, I haven't tried it though). So you have to image each model computer you are needing images of. So if you got a fleet of Optiplexes, like the 755, 760, 780, you need to make three images. Honestly doesn't take that much additional time though.

julianne moore is going to be playing sarah palin on HBO. I'd say she nailed it

julianne-moore-300.jpg

yeah onno, looked like they were fucking with the girl in the foreground of the same booth. from what I heard, cop is in trouble though. too much use of the force.

on a completely unrelated note, I won $145 playing GA lotto keno last night. woot! $8 bet on 4 rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.