Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_livhnc8ozS1qatqv0o1_500.jpg

It would just feel weird riding without a helmet. I've had bugs and acorns hit my helmet with me going 45+ and no way would I want that happen without one.

Last edited:
No Texas motorcycle helmet law, but you have to have a helmet on a BICYCLE.....

Anyway this bad boy tops out at 45-50. I took streets that have a speed limit of 35-45. I do need to get a helmet for this thing though. I'll prob pick one up this week.

All of my crashes have been at less than 30mph.

Heck, just last week I dumped it in the driveway trying to pull a 180 :lol:

Smacked my head on the ground, but not even a bruise thanks to Mr. Helmet.

I wrecked this scooter pretty bad last summer. I was lucky not to bang my head. Find me a cool off white helmet that won't be to hot in the Texas heat.

PLZ

I wrecked this scooter pretty bad last summer. I was lucky not to bang my head. Find me a cool off white helmet that won't be to hot in the Texas heat.

PLZ

Just wear a bicycle helmet, it's ventilated. And you are riding a glorified bike anyway :fly:

Maine doesn't have a mandatory motorcycle/scooter helmet law either. Only the first year of your license and if your passengers are 17yrs or younger or if you have to wear a helmet, then they have to wear a helmet.
Bicyclists only have to wear a helmet if they are 15yrs or younger.

That said, if I owned a crotch rocket or other motorcycle, I'd invest in a nice helmet, armor, boots, and suit. There was some guy on [M] who recently posted photos of his helmet and gear after dumping his motorcycle.

Edit: this thread, the guy hit a deer with his bike. http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=834386&highlight=crashed

Last edited:
Maine doesn't have a mandatory motorcycle/scooter helmet law either. Only the first year of your license and if your passengers are 17yrs or younger or if you have to wear a helmet, then they have to wear a helmet.
Bicyclists only have to wear a helmet if they are 15yrs or younger.

That said, if I owned a crotch rocket or other motorcycle, I'd invest in a nice helmet, armor, boots, and suit. There was some guy on [M] who recently posted photos of his helmet and gear after dumping his motorcycle.

Edit: this thread, the guy hit a deer with his bike. http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=834386&highlight=crashed

Yeah. A buddy of mine laid his bike down back when we were in college. He had a full set of gear on. He still got messed up as he slide for about 150 feet so once the leather of his riding jacket and pants wore he got himself some nasty road rash. Also broke a rib and an arm. Helmet cracked in 2. If he didn't have any of that gear, docs said arm would most likely have to be amputated, leg would have been jacked, and he would have been dead from a crushed skull.

While I can see the appeal of free riding on a bike, odds are in favor of a wreck. I'd totally just suck it up and wear the gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.