Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the Droid is clearly better. Except for longevity. And I'm being totally serious.

Sigh, me and my droid have a dysfunctional marriage.

An open system will always be better than a closed system. Unless you are one of those that don't even know how to find a cat picture on the internet.

Hey fly, I'd like you to esplain how AA is at $8.7 with better than expected results and no bad news in months.

Does this mean it's a good time to buy Apple stock?
Well at 3pm today it was. Long term prospects really depend on your opinion of the company. They have solid financials but... it's apple. I would write a put.

I stick with what I know in terms of stocks, i.e. defense/oil/chemicals. BASF is good lookin ;p

Last edited:
Well at 3pm today it was. Long term prospects really depend on your opinion of the company. They have solid financials but... it's apple. I would write a put.

I stick with what I know in terms of stocks, i.e. defense/oil/chemicals. BASF is good lookin ;p

The chemical company? I think I'm already invested in them through a mutual fund or something. I'd have to look, but I'm pretty sure they are some of the people that send me papers all the time that I put in a box and never actually read and then recycle at the end of the year.

Hey fly, I'd like you to esplain how AA is at $8.7 with better than expected results and no bad news in months.

Most of the metal stocks are plagued by speculation out of China. We don't know what their production is like until their minerals hit market. All the metal stocks have taken a nose dive off the fear of China's erratic export practices. I have been buying metal on dips this last week. On the production side, Alcoa has exposure to highly cyclical businesses: aircraft, automobile, construction, etc. Those sectors are anticipating shrinking demand, especially with government projects on the chopping block in congress.

The chemical company? I think I'm already invested in them through a mutual fund or something. I'd have to look, but I'm pretty sure they are some of the people that send me papers all the time that I put in a box and never actually read and then recycle at the end of the year.
Mutual funds are 'safer' if you recycle all your paperwork at the end of the year. :p I love my 10-k and 10-q's and the glossies, I also love my own spreadsheets and tweaking them -.-

BASF is a german chemical/plastics company. They don't make finished goods, they make the stuff that gets turned into pharma/paint/industrial processing/fuel additives/explosives. Sorta like DuPont, except DuPont has a lot of vertically integrated product lines.

Mutual funds are 'safer' if you recycle all your paperwork at the end of the year. :p I love my 10-k and 10-q's and the glossies, I also love my own spreadsheets and tweaking them -.-

BASF is a german chemical/plastics company. They don't make finished goods, they make the stuff that gets turned into pharma/paint/industrial processing/fuel additives/explosives. Sorta like DuPont, except DuPont has a lot of vertically integrated product lines.

Yeah, I pay someone to make charts and graphs and spreadsheets for me and send them to me once a month. I never had much of an interest in doing it on my own. If I had to think about stuff like that I would lose my lazy housewife status and I'm already pushing that with having a baby and all. People keep telling me that's going to be like work.

Most of the metal stocks are plagued by speculation out of China. We don't know what their production is like until their minerals hit market. All the metal stocks have taken a nose dive off the fear of China's erratic export practices. I have been buying metal on dips this last week. On the production side, Alcoa has exposure to highly cyclical businesses: aircraft, automobile, construction, etc. Those sectors are anticipating shrinking demand, especially with government projects on the chopping block in congress.
The thing is though, the dips come whenever Greece comes on the news (this after noon they announced they werent going to be able to repay bailout). Was making point about efficient markets :p

As for AA. I think it's good long term prospect. Buying low is what you're supposed to do ^.^

Day to day, then yeah Greece is "causing" the movements. The traders will trade anything and find every excuse to inch the market one way or the other. I'm doing my best to filter out the noise created by traders and general market gayness.

I love them... I've been scouring the net looking for a cute one for a good deal.
Dude, you should come to thrift stores around here. All the long island/new jersey girls come up in August with NYC designer stuff, then when it starts to get chilly they dump their summer stuff.

Also they make you look fat. Well probably not you, but women who exist in 3 dimensions.

Last edited:
93dem.gif

You know that had to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.