flying high

BeeRad said:
I actually pretty much hate absolutely everyone equaly. Makes me feel warm inside

Same here. I like kids because they give me hope, but usually they turn into assholes.

Hey does anyone else not care about the daily deathtoll updates on the "war" in Iraq? Do we have to hear about every single person who dies? Just tell me at the end, in general terms, when it's all over. "Lasted 5 years for no real reason...looks like we lost a bunch of people. Carry on."

CletusJones said:
I like you.

I have that same standpoint except that I extend it to all animal life as well. Everything is shunned until it proves its worth.

ya, I am about the same, my cat proved worthy when he attacked me cause he thought I was breaking into the house :fly:

that and his evil growling when he hears someone coming to the door proved him a worthy Cadog and was allowed to stay.

BeeRad said:
ya, I am about the same, my cat proved worthy when he attacked me cause he thought I was breaking into the house :fly:

that and his evil growling when he hears someone coming to the door proved him a worthy Cadog and was allowed to stay.
Nice. I like cats but can't really have them because of allergies. I got tested and apparently I'm not allergic to Siamese (shorthair) cats, but they're like $500+ so I don't see that happening any time soon.

Looks like fish in my future. I hope I don't get mercury poisoning from my African Cichlids. :fly:

CletusJones said:
Nice. I like cats but can't really have them because of allergies. I got tested and apparently I'm not allergic to Siamese (shorthair) cats, but they're like $500+ so I don't see that happening any time soon.

Looks like fish in my future. I hope I don't get mercury poisoning from my African Cichlids. :fly:

i really miss having a fish tank. i got so involved in mine. i don't have the time nor patience for one right now, but i'd like to get one going in the future. :drool:

Thorn Bird said:
i really miss having a fish tank. i got so involved in mine. i don't have the time nor patience for one right now, but i'd like to get one going in the future. :drool:
I'm almost done redecorating my place and once the floors go in (pergo-type) I'll be setting up a 70 gallon bowfront tank. My parents are giving it to me for free, it's just sitting in their basement.

CletusJones said:
I'm almost done redecorating my place and once the floors go in (pergo-type) I'll be setting up a 70 gallon bowfront tank. My parents are giving it to me for free, it's just sitting in their basement.

i think i luff you. but you must post pictures. whatcha gonna put in it?

i had silver dollars in my 'lil ol' tank, but those are some fiesty bitches. ate the fins off my angel fish. :( i do love 'em, though!

Thorn Bird said:
i think i luff you. but you must post pictures. whatcha gonna put in it?

i had silver dollars in my 'lil ol' tank, but those are some fiesty bitches. ate the fins off my angel fish. :( i do love 'em, though!
I've got lots of pics of the process. Depending on how much my tax refund is, I may have floors in a month or two (I'm getting my taxes done saturday) so the tank should be up in about 3 or 4 months.

I'm not sure what I want. It's been quite a while since I had African Cichlids last, this tank used to be a marine tank that my dad and I kept when I lived at home.

I'll post a picture thread once it's all said and done.

SpangeMonkee said:
I'm in the same boat. I've been puked on by an adult. Had my ear talked off by an adult. Seat been pushed on by an adult and coughed on by an adult. In fact, I've only had a problem with a child once and it was due to an adult.

Speaking of being coughed on by adults, when we landed in Salt Lake we were waiting patiently for people to get out of the way so we could get off and the old lady behind us stood up and was standing in the aisle next to my seat. She puts her face about 3 feet from mine and then proceeds to tell me she hopes she didn't cough on us or anything to get us sick cause the cold she had she caught on the plane 8 days ago. If you are really trying to not get me sick GET YOUR FACE OUT OF MINE AND STOP TALKING TO ME!

kiwi said:
Speaking of being coughed on by adults, when we landed in Salt Lake we were waiting patiently for people to get out of the way so we could get off and the old lady behind us stood up and was standing in the aisle next to my seat. She puts her face about 3 feet from mine and then proceeds to tell me she hopes she didn't cough on us or anything to get us sick cause the cold she had she caught on the plane 8 days ago. If you are really trying to not get me sick GET YOUR FACE OUT OF MINE AND STOP TALKING TO ME!

Or you could just be smart and not depend on other peoples hygene. Go buy this stuff called airbourne, it works well

BeeRad said:
Or you could just be smart and not depend on other peoples hygene. Go buy this stuff called airbourne, it works well

i was JUST about to ask about that stuff. is it prevention? how does it work?

BeeRad said:

I didn't end up getting sick, I just thought it was dumb that she was hoping she didn't get us sick, but then sat and breathed in my face for 5 min.

Thorn Bird said:
i was JUST about to ask about that stuff. is it prevention? how does it work?

Believe it or not I am actually sick as a dog because of my stupidity of not using some before I went to the Dunedin Mardi Gras. It actually works great if you know you are going to the airport and such its just hard to remember. It acts as a prevenative and also to take at first signs. At first signs though I suggest you run out immediately and get Zicam, got sick sunday, flu symtoms, feeling better today. They both taste like crap though so stick with the lemon kind

kiwi said:
I didn't end up getting sick, I just thought it was dumb that she was hoping she didn't get us sick, but then sat and breathed in my face for 5 min.

I get sick quite alot, pretty much every month sometime twice. Not to sure why probably cause how I treat my body. When I get sick though I make sure noone gets it. I always have wipes to wipe off phones I use and such. I hate when someone gives me a cold so I show curtousy to others when I have one

BeeRad said:
I get sick quite alot, pretty much every month sometime twice. Not to sure why probably cause how I treat my body. When I get sick though I make sure noone gets it. I always have wipes to wipe off phones I use and such. I hate when someone gives me a cold so I show curtousy to others when I have one

do you take vitamins? i started taking them when i worked at a school, and i haven't stopped.

Thorn Bird said:
let me remind you, and all, that this does not just apply to you. i was not offended by your comments. defensive? yes. offended? no. i know you. you know i have a child, and you accept that. i was not offended by you personally.
i was more supporting kiwi's statement that the comments made regarding children on this thread are almost always derogatory and mean. i understand that this might or might not apply to my situation. that still does not mean that i can't insert my opinion about the subject. as kiwi said, it's not just you that's on one particular side of this fence, it's many.
that's the good thing about this forum. there are so many different views and opinions. but that does not mean that i should be cursed at for stating mine.

Well we can't help it if there is plenty of fodder out there for derogatory and mean statements about children. There's plenty of fodder for derogatory statements about everything. And I think UF spreads it around pretty equally. :lol: Besides, I thought we kept you parents around here to provide all the positive statements about children? :confused: And nobody was cursing you for stating your opinion. Speak away.

Thorn Bird said:
do you take vitamins? i started taking them when i worked at a school, and i haven't stopped.

Ya, I take alot of Grape Fruit Seed and Econatia(sp)

It is just something about my body that things happen to me faster and more frequently then others. I had my first kidney stone at 17 - pops got his two weeks later. I had my first ulcer at 19 - pops got his a couple of weeks later. I have an ongoing battle with my body that isnt fun.:(

Pandora said:
Well we can't help it if there is plenty of fodder out there for derogatory and mean statements about children. There's plenty of fodder for derogatory statements about everything. And I think UF spreads it around pretty equally. :lol: Besides, I thought we kept you parents around here to provide all the positive statements about children? :confused: And nobody was cursing you for stating your opinion. Speak away.

glad you're back. i never mean to offend anyone, ESPECIALLY my friends. :heart: and you're right...unfortunately, i think good kids are in the minority. i'm hoping not to add to that with mine.

i'm glad i can be of help around here. god knows you freaks need some normal people 'round here. :fly: