WTF Fly and Ape are rethinking that whole atheism thing

Offering alcohol... something the Catholics have been doing since thier inception.

:lol:

true but still funny!

ETA: we were at a friend's wedding and I was asked to hand out communion for the wedding mass. I was on the wine station and my stomach was empty - so starving. So at the end, I had a pretty full cup left. I downed that thing and wondered (since I am too much of a lightweight now) if it would be sinful to be slightly buzzed at church. :fly:

Last edited:
the church has attracted people to its flock because of beer for millenia. This is not a new tactic. Hell, they even CHARGE for the beer at Trappist monestaries in Belgium, paying for their church that way. You would get your pint of beer as you entered the sanctuary for Sunday mass even.

I personally think it's shameful, contemptible, and immoral to con simple people into your doctrine by use of behavioral chemicals because the "good news" that is supposed to appeal to the masses is not finding as much favor anymore.

Disgusting.

Jesus himself preached NOT to advertise your religion, just practice what you preach and encourage others to ACT like better people. Not advertise to fill pews.