Flier Describes T-Shirts As 'Wife-Beaters'

"That does, you know, go to numbing and dumbing down and normalizing and suggesting that battering is a normal behavior,"
If you're afraid of a little change in one's diction to sell a product via a means of popular slang then there is something seriously wrong with your over-protective PC self. This isn't a blatent sign to beat people, it's using a term that has lost its meaning of being worn only by those who beat people to just another way of describing the shirt. Way to perpetuatie a stereotype though.

Some people suck, and I really wish they would get hit by a train. At the very least.

eileenbunny said:
I probably wouldn't even notice since the term is so common. I think people need to stop getting offended so easily.
Thank you.

That's what they're called... "wife beaters" I've never heard them called anything else.

someone should make a whole line of offensive clothing complete with catalog and jcrew/llbean type descriptions

"As you make your way through the blustery winds and snow laden brush, you arrive at the back of the convent, snug, warm and self assured sporting your Nun-Raper Hoodie®."

I'm so going to hell for that :fly:

why_ask_why said:
someone should make a whole line of offensive clothing complete with catalog and jcrew/llbean type descriptions

"As you make your way through the blustery winds and snow laden brush, you arrive at the back of the convent, snug, warm and self assured sporting your Nun-Raper Hoodie®."

http://www.tshirthell.com/hell.shtml

why_ask_why said:

hahahahhahaah

zengirl it needs jcrew descriptions

elpmis said:
You're asking me if you've seen one? How the fuck should I know. LOL
That was supposed to read "I've never read a JCrew magazine, confused" I took a shortcut which turned out to not be so short