Fleshlight thread for fly

elpmis said:
what would be gained if you switched to a halogen bi-pin? el oh el
Well considering that the 1185 IS a halogen bulb, not much ;)

ceiling fly said:
How much does this hobby cost?
Well as with any other hobby it all depends on how serious you want to get. I haven't really kept track of how much I've spent. I'm gonna go ahead and try to do a quick count

*fires up calc.exe*
*gets a bit scared and don't want to continue counting*
*remembers that it has been spread out over more than two years*
*relaxes a bit*
*puts flamesuit on*

I'd guestimate that I've spent $800-$900 but it's probably more counting batteries and other accessories.

*suddenly remembers the three green lasers he has bought (out of which he broke one)*

But that's really nothing when you compare it to what normal people spend on smokes, drinks, beer and things of that nature. And compared to what some of the real hardcore flashaholics (that's what we call ourselves lolol) spend I have a loooong way to go. Some of these guys will gladly pay 300-400 bucks up front on a light that hasn't even left the drawing board yet. They're nuts.

b_sinning said:
Until A minute ago I had been reading the title as fleshlight and had not even opened the thread. lol.
Seems most intarwebnet people do that. And as of a while ago it actually says "fleshlight" so it's ok hehe

I was at frys electronics the other day, and noticed they had 2 entire aisles dedicated to flashlights and flashlight technology. First thing I thought was "I bet that swedish fgt would spoo right in his pants if he saw this"
:fly:

lol @ drool...I love building stuff like this but never seem to have the free time and the knowledge now days.

The dashlights behind the instraments in my backup car, 82 diesel mercedes are burnt/shorted out and are a bitch to replace. I stumbled across a website where a guy had just wired some ultrabright leds into the front of the dash that spotlighted the instraments and looked pretty cool. The guy that did the project also said it's such a bitch to replace or fix the backlight is why he did it.

b_sinning said:
How did you get into flashlights? I'de love to make something bright like that and wire it to motion sensors.
To be completely honest I'm not really sure. I never had many flashlights or any real interest in them as a kid. It pretty much started 2-3 years ago when I laid eyes on the legendary Arc-AAA and Arc4+
http://www.ditdo.com/arc-aaa-bk-and-le_1_.jpg
(the one on the left):
http://www.zknives.com/flshlit/fimgtmpl.shtml?/images/flshlit/lngb/sclux4.jpg

It all went down hill from there. I never actually got an Arc4+ back then I thought the price for one was redicolous. Had it been today it would've been a very different story :D
Drool-Boy said:
I was at frys electronics the other day, and noticed they had 2 entire aisles dedicated to flashlights and flashlight technology. First thing I thought was "I bet that swedish fgt would spoo right in his pants if he saw this"
:fly:
Nah, I bet they were too plain for my taste ;)

Sarcasmo said:
So let me get this straight. Building flashlights is actually a hobby for some people?
Some people make a good living building flashlights.

Sarcasmo said:
You should probably die for a pun like that. Let me check the Texas Penal Code.

This isn't just another excuse to show us your penis is it? If so we'll have to get I Robert I started working on a even stronger model so we can see it. ;)

b_sinning said:
This isn't just another excuse to show us your penis is it? If so we'll have to get I Robert I started working on a even stronger model so we can see it. ;)

I need to hang out at a website where people don't know me. :(