WTF Flags at half staff for Whitney Houston????

What do you think about flags at half staff for a crack head

• I think it's a good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Then again, I suppose I could care less since I bothered to come into the thread, vote in the poll, and then post in it twice now. So I guess you were right after all, if I cared less I wouldn't have bothered.
I cared less. I was just waiting for someone else to say they cared less first so it wouldn't seem like I cared enough to post about not caring.

Not reading the thread but I got into arguments with some marines about this. Let it the fuck go. The flag code doesn't restrict a governor from lowering it for whoever he wants so it's legal. Flags have never been just about honoring fallen troops or politicians. America didn't invent the tradition. Hell, any conservative should be honoring the life of someone who generated billions upon billions of dollars in her industry and thus created a wide variety of jobs.

Whether you like it or not the entertainment industry is one of the most significant aspects of American culture. It is the most visible to the majority of the outside world and the most influential in many other first world nations. It matters as much as anything else this country does because it is a reflection of our national identity. Houston may have had drug problems at the end but you cannot deny that she was a very significant player in our culture.

In other words, find something meaningful to bitch about. If this matters to you then your perception of America must be absolutely utopian if you have nothing better to complain about.

Last edited: