fish, it's the new cat (or dog)

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥3,602
When did a fish become the same as a cat or dog? Yeah, fish have feelings and some kind if intelligence but this is just insane. Tofu chowder and vegitarian sushi? Fuck that. Fish = win

I don't understand how these animal rights activist groups get people to support them in these endeavors.

PETA wants fishes' pain recognized
Group promotes piscine empathy

By David Crary
Associated Press
Published November 17, 2004

NEW YORK -- Touting tofu chowder and vegetarian sushi as alternatives, animal-rights activists have launched a campaign arguing that fish--contrary to stereotype--are intelligent, sensitive animals no more deserving of being eaten than a pet dog or cat.

Called the Fish Empathy Project, the campaign reflects a strategy shift by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals as it challenges a diet component widely viewed as nutritious and uncontroversial.

"No one would ever put a hook through a dog's or cat's mouth," said Bruce Friedrich, PETA's director of vegan outreach. "Once people start to understand that fish, although they come in different packaging, are just as intelligent, they'll stop eating them."

The campaign is in its infancy and will face broad skepticism. Major groups such as the American Heart Association recommend fish as part of a healthy diet. Some academics say it is wrong to portray the intelligence and pain sensitivity of fish as comparable to that of mammals.

"Fish are very complex organisms that do all sorts of fascinating things," said University of Wyoming neuroscientist James Rose. "But to suggest they know they what's happening to them and worry about it, that's just not the case."

Copyright © 2004, Chicago Tribune

CletusJones said:
*cows

yes, yes they do. Cows are delicious.

People only taste bad when they don't eat meat.

Mmmm.......... I honestly cannot imagine not eating meat. Seriously.

Hell Cletus, if it came down to it, I'd let you eat me....... :drool: I got your back man.

:fly:

BigDov said:
Mmmm.......... I honestly cannot imagine not eating meat. Seriously.

Hell Cletus, if it came down to it, I'd let you eat me....... :drool: I got your back man.

:fly:
I couldn't ever stop eating meat. If I became suddenly allergic to all forms of meat, I'd kill myself.

Hell, if it came down to it, I would eat you. :drool:

CletusJones said:
I couldn't ever stop eating meat. If I became suddenly allergic to all forms of meat, I'd kill myself.

Hell, if it came down to it, I would eat you. :drool:

Same here. In a hurry too.... living on veggies alone is just a disgusting thought to me.

Sweet. Nothing says lovin' like slicin' off a piece of your pals' ass does it?? :heart:

BigDov said:
Same here. In a hurry too.... living on veggies alone is just a disgusting thought to me.

Sweet. Nothing says lovin' like slicin' off a piece of your pals' ass does it?? :heart:
it depends on how nice your ass is.

Here's a thought for you to ponder: If it came down to where you had to eat another person in order to survive, do you think smokers/drug users/drinkers would taste different?

I love tofu if it's done right, but if somebody tries to feed me some tofu sushi they'd be entering a world of pain.