Thread First world problem of the day:

I guess I'm old school.. I prefer a good old paperback to a kindle any fucking day.
Same, cept hardcover.

I usually use fingers to hold open ages in 3 - 4 places and just meh, touching a screen isnt same.

Last edited:
Same, cept hardcover.

I usually use fingers to hold open ages in 3 - 4 places and just meh, touching a screen isnt same.

It's not, but the convenience is worth it. I read 90% of my books on my phone with the kindle app. I read a lot more now than ever because of the convenience factor.

we agree.. look at us... aawwww :heart:
*high five* o_O
Yeah you agree. But you don't have a Kindle so your opinion is invalid. DJB was totally against Kindle's except he got one and within an hour he was creaming his pants.
I'm not against them exactly. There are a couple issues:

1. The typesetting sucks balls on the ebooks I've read though.
2. ebook costs the same as the paperback.
3. Locked to a device that may/may not work in the future.

Also they don't help my ongoing battle with trees. -.-

Last edited:
*high five* o_O

I'm not against them exactly. There are a couple issues:

1. The typesetting sucks balls on the ebooks I've read though.
2. ebook costs the same as the paperback.
3. Locked to a device that may/may not work in the future.

Also they don't help my ongoing battle with trees. -.-

1. On a kindle? I've never had an issue, but meh, preference.
2. Anything out of copyright is free on the kindle, so you can stock up on all the classic literature. Lot of other random free stuff to, including samples of pretty much any book so you can read a few chapters before buying.
3. Its actually tied to your account, so once you activate a new kindle you have no issues. You can also use the phone app to access anything on your kindle library.

1. On a kindle? I've never had an issue, but meh, preference.
2. Anything out of copyright is free on the kindle, so you can stock up on all the classic literature. Lot of other random free stuff to, including samples of pretty much any book so you can read a few chapters before buying.
3. Its actually tied to your account, so once you activate a new kindle you have no issues. You can also use the phone app to access anything on your kindle library.
I really appreciate readability, I can get just about anything free on the web as OCRed plaintext. I'd go as far as saying there is a huge difference in comprehension with certain materials.

I already have most classic literature on paper. My biggest problem is duplicates. There is a huge difference between like reprints, and academic editions, and original editions. Free chapters don't mean much to me, you can get those without a kindle as well.

Tied to your account is still walled garden. They have already proven they have no compunctions about rescinding your access to bought and paid for material.

According to TOS:
Changes to Service. We may modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, at any time.
I'm surprised there isnt a trial waiver but it does outline that arbitration is supposed to be method of resolution. Which in most places precludes you from going to court.

Either I have an ear infection or a pimple in my right ear canal. Can't hear well, itches and burns. Cleaned it out with some H[SUB]2[/SUB]O[SUB]2[/SUB] and swabs (which I only do when I have ear problems).

McDonalds drive through is closed so you have to park up and get out your car.

This is an unbelievable scenario. I have never been anywhere in the States where the dining room of a fast food joint had hours outside that of the drive through lane. You must live in some sort of entirely fictional Bizarro land.