First Jobs

Worked at a golf course when I was 13 to 15. From riding a cart around selling cokes to picking up the range balls.

Besides working with my dad as an electrician (I've been doing that since I was ten, he paid me 7 dollars an hour), I wokred as a waitress when I was 17 in a Weekend Steakhouse. I made 6-7 dollars an hour plus tips, I would regulary bring home $60 a night in tips, plus my hourly pay and a delicious free meal (whatever I wanted, chicken, steak, fish) for 5 hours work. The only downfall is I worked every weekend.

Drool-Boy said:
had a paper route when I was 13 or 14
they tried to rip me off when I quit because of school. They kept saying they "couldnt find my check" everytime I called about it. Suddenly, when I showed up a the office with my big angry father, they miraculously found it.
sweetums has a mean streak? :eek:

Office Depot stocker at age 16. We used to make crude jokes about the ReEntry-Red printer paper, eat all the gummy savers in the snack isle, hi-jack the propane forklift for joy rides in the back of the store, and throw the foreign guy down in the cardboard compactor and close the hatch. Good times.

SpangeMonkee said:
I cut grass for a few years starting when I was 10. $250 a week and only 8 hours a week. I should still be doin' it.

from there...

McDonald's - bun crisper
Subway - sandwich artist
Sear's telecenter - customer service
Mitsubishi dealer - porter
Bruno's (grocery store) - cashier
Club le Tan (tanning salon) - towel boy
J. Crew - stock
Shell - full service attendant
Ruby Tuesday - busser
Shell - full service attendant
Hudson's (salvage store) - stock
YMCA - lifeguard
Zebra.net - tech support
Global Tel*Link - tech support
Schlumberger - graphic design
Fastsigns - graphic design
American Cafe - waiter
blue form, brown box - slacker
Houlihan's - waiter
Parallax - graphic design

d*mn. that's a lotta jobs. I've never been fired. (knock on wood)

Wow that's a heck of a list. I love your creative job titles 'sandwich artist' :fly:

I worked for a company called "Parallax" - what is their market?

What is the longest length you have worked for one company? :)

worked for lawn company when 14-15. Hot ass work. Then from 16-18 worked at a Piggly Wiggly. I did a few weeks as a bagger, then cashier, then stocker, then produce, then meat department cleanup crap, then manager. Then said fuck you and went to college. I did come back and work holiday breaks there for another year or so.

taeric said:
Worked at a golf course when I was 13 to 15. From riding a cart around selling cokes to picking up the range balls.

Did the guys at the driving range try to hit your cart? :fly:

What movie was that?

First job was a print shop assistant when I was 15. Worked there a couple years and shortly after I shaved off a fingernail on a paper cutter I left to become a CSR at Hollywood Video for about 4 years (through my Freshman year of college). While in college I worked on campus during the week in Media Services (pushed tv carts around and filmed campus events). After graduation I sold my soul to satan and worked for a spoiled princess at her families company and watched them spend my hard earned money at Neiman Marcus. When I began seeing people as inherantly evil I quit and went to work in the accounting department for a cable company.

The end.

Pandora said:
After graduation I sold my soul to satan and worked for a spoiled princess at her families company and watched them spend my hard earned money at Neiman Marcus.

What? How did they spend YOUR money?

itburnswhenipee said:
Pro tip: It is possible to effectively wash dishes while under the influence of LSD, but mopping is not. The tiles do very odd things.

my first full time job was kitchen porter (dish washer) too. easy work, and you can be as fucked as you want as you pointed out. it's better in winter when the weather is cold, in summer the hot kitchen and boiling water made me sweat like a pig.

after 6months or so of washing up i worked my way to chef and after a year of that i ended up running the kitchen when the kitchen manager left, although i was the youngest there by quite a few years. of the two other chefs one was french and the other tried to join the police but was too stupid so you can see why i ended up running the place :)

they did screw me on wages though (i wasn't paid the same as the outgoing kitchen manager) and by the time new management came in with a new kitchen manager and chefs i'd had enough and left in a huff when they kept fucking up my pay

was a sweet place though, i was the only straight guy there with ~10 chickas and 2 gay guys

ERage said:
Office Depot stocker at age 16. We used to make crude jokes about the ReEntry-Red printer paper, eat all the gummy savers in the snack isle, hi-jack the propane forklift for joy rides in the back of the store, and throw the foreign guy down in the cardboard compactor and close the hatch. Good times.
:lol: :pandora:

You just totally killed all my preconcieved notions of you being a "good boy".

I use to chase a forign kid around the playground when I was like 7. "Girls chase boys!" Once we caught up to the boys we'd push them to the ground and pinch them. :fly:

my first job was grilling hamburgers and hotdogs at a concession stand for the parks & rec department here in town. i was 14, and at the time i couldn't believe some of the stupid shit the drunken softball players would ask me.

i had a guy tell me he'd give me $20 to let him eat a raw hamburger... on second thought, i should've let him.