First Jobs

G

gottoys?

What was your very first job ?

My first real job (besides babysitting) was selling flowers on a street corner in Pinellas county florida, I was 14 years old. I even had to had an occupational license. We worked Wed - Saturday and could clear 200 - 250 a week working on commision. There was about 10 girls scattered all over Largo and Clearwater FL. Some corners were better money then the others (that sounds real good :fly: ) and you had to work yourself up to the good corner through time. I worked there for almost 2 years.

It was amazing how many people bought flowers. I even had regular customers, men buying roses for their wife every Friday. On Mothers day or Val day we could make 350 in one day which was good money to a 14-15 year old girl. I bought my first ride ( a moped at 14) and then my first car at 15 ( 78 firebird with 400).

A 22 year old girl owned the company (Karnation Korner street sales) and boy did we party :chikken: . At 15 I moved in with her along with a few other girls, we had the best times. This is still one of my most favorite jobs I've ever had.

So tell me your story? :)

My first job was at an Eckerd (in case you don't know, think Walgreen's, only far shittier. For those who still don't know, fuck off.). I hated it. I used to stock the "grocery aisle" and just eat shit as I put it out. :lol: hahaha That cracks me up, I haven't thought about that in forever. "Put these rice krispie snacks over there....hmm I wonder if those are any good...let's see." :lol:

God I was a shithead when I was a kid.

Cartpusher at Walmart. $4.50 an hour. Did it 9 months The biggest plus I remember was several times seeing girls in wet workout bras after running from the store in a downpour. That and scoreing beers that were accidentally left in abandoned cases.

Negatives were working in the freezing cold and rain, getting yelled at for not doing our jobs when all the shopping carts were literally inside the store being used, being forced to clear the entire lot before leaving in the summer (would sometimes be there to 2am) and one time running into a woman breastfeeding her child in the back of her car. Well, that wasn't really a negative, but it was ackward trying to play like I didn't notice two milk dripping DD breasts.

Sarcasmo said:
My first job was at an Eckerd (in case you don't know, think Walgreen's, only far shittier. For those who still don't know, fuck off.). I hated it. I used to stock the "grocery aisle" and just eat shit as I put it out. :lol: hahaha That cracks me up, I haven't thought about that in forever. "Put these rice krispie snacks over there....hmm I wonder if those are any good...let's see." :lol:

God I was a shithead when I was a kid.

OMG I am never buying food items at CVS or Walgreens again (Eckerds is gone - hmmm because of YOU). :fly:

I heard stories about walmart like this ... or more like chewing tobacco spit on produce. I don't shop there either.

gottoys? said:
OMG I am never buying food items at CVS or Walgreens again (Eckerds is gone - hmmm because of YOU). :fly:

I heard stories about walmart like this ... or more like chewing tobacco spit on produce. I don't shop there either.

I didn't put them back, I ate the whole package. But I know some guys who put them back. :shifty:

I cut grass for a few years starting when I was 10. $250 a week and only 8 hours a week. I should still be doin' it.

from there...

McDonald's - bun crisper
Subway - sandwich artist
Sear's telecenter - customer service
Mitsubishi dealer - porter
Bruno's (grocery store) - cashier
Club le Tan (tanning salon) - towel boy
J. Crew - stock
Shell - full service attendant
Ruby Tuesday - busser
Shell - full service attendant
Hudson's (salvage store) - stock
YMCA - lifeguard
Zebra.net - tech support
Global Tel*Link - tech support
Schlumberger - graphic design
Fastsigns - graphic design
American Cafe - waiter
blue form, brown box - slacker
Houlihan's - waiter
Parallax - graphic design

damn. that's a lotta jobs. I've never been fired. (knock on wood)

had a paper route when I was 13 or 14
they tried to rip me off when I quit because of school. They kept saying they "couldnt find my check" everytime I called about it. Suddenly, when I showed up a the office with my big angry father, they miraculously found it.

My first paycheck job was as a dishwasher. For five dollars an hour, which was like, seventy-five cents more than minimum wage was.

Pro tip: It is possible to effectively wash dishes while under the influence of LSD, but mopping is not. The tiles do very odd things.

these stories are great!

my first non-babysitting job was being a scorekeeper at the softball fields. it was awesome, and great money. this led to a great friendship with an umpire, which still exists today.

Krogers - Bagger/Cart Pusher when i was 16

one time durring the summer when i was out collecting carts, i was walking along and an ambulance running with no one in it caught my attention. So i stared at it while walking when i ram my head into the overhang on one of the cart corrals. It was a clasic body manuver; head flys back, body goes forward spaztic motion. I made some random customer chick bust out laughing because she saw the entire thing. She was on her knees in the parking lot she was laughing so hard. I got a chuckle out of it.