First computer?

this was my first modern era computer. ast ascentia 486 33sx notebook running win 3.1 and aol dialup

677558.jpg

My first computer was a venerable 286, way back when I was about 6. (READER RABBIT! YEAH!)

I still maintain that the tragic loss of C:\UTILITY was my dad's fault. Who the hell teaches a 6 year old the DEL command?

The first computer I personally owned was a 350mhz Pentium 3 with 128mb of RAM and a Voodoo 3 3000.

Last edited:
No body else had an Amiga?

Those computers were freakin awesome!

I remember going through a phase when I rented all the Amiga books in the public library system (omg a computer, with omg color). I've still never seen one in person though.

I used to also write letters to Silicon Graphics and Sun for their catalogs. $15,000 RISC workstations :drool:

I had a VIC 20 forever. I was more of a console gamer. I got a PC in like 1992, but I have no idea what it was and then got a laptop in 2000 or so. I always had a computer at work so I didn't really have any need for one. The first computer I really remember anything about was a desktop that fly built for me about 6 or 7 years ago.

This is my console history:
Pong>2600>5200>Colecovision>Nintendo>Action Max>TurboGrafx 16>Sega & SNES>3DO then Playstation>Xbox>360