First computer?

Well, its true! I try to do stuff that people will still understand when I leave.

Hahahaha. It's funny you should mention that.

I wrote a script to check and make sure certain daily reports were available to clients when they were supposed to be, so we would know about it hopefully before clients started calling people who would then call us. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of copying the client-facing internal people on the notification list ('cause I'm a nice guy), so then whenever that my script didn't run, they'd call us to complain.

Then after I left, it stopped working altogether, and I actually got a call asking about it as I was on my way to OTS. Apparently my manager had gotten complaints that we weren't delivering the report-on-the-availability-of-reports they were expecting and that I was not responding to e-mails on the subject (well, no shit, at that point I'd been gone from the company for about three weeks.)

Last I'd heard, they ended up getting told that we gave them that report as a courtesy and that it's not required we send it to them, and oh by the way taivas is in the Air Force now and can't see your e-mails and wouldn't care about them even if he could. So now that report is gone, and life is back to normal.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY: Don't try and make people's lives easier. They'll just make yours harder.

(fly/GH0ST, if you want names, PM :p)

Compaq Presario somethingmodelnumber

486 DX2 66Mhz, 8MB RAM, 340GB Quantum harddrive, 2X SCSI CDROM, 16bit ISA Soundblaster Soundcard, 9600baud modem, Windows 3.1 with Compaq Tabworks! Fucking balling ass shit right here man.

My dad drove me to Delaware (we lived in Southern NJ at the time) to buy the computer with no Sales Tax added. It cost somehwhere around $2000. The computer came with 10 free hours of Prodigy which I stretched with limited use to like 6 or 8 months. That was before the ISPs caught onto that free offer, and changed it so you had to use the hours within the first 30 days of signing up. I believe I still have this computer in a pile of cases at my mom's house. I should take those junk computers to the recycler.

The motherboard died in it shortly after I got it. Compaq sent the replacement part and a tech to replace it (I think it was a Sears tech). Ran fine after that. I played massive amounts of Command & Conquer, single player though :(

Prior to that Compaq computer, my bro got an Apple IIGs (I think).

first 'family' computer

hewlett packard
win 3.11 for workgroups
8mb ram
1mb video card, upgradable to 2mb
850mb hard drive
90mhz pentium processor
2x cd rom
14.4 modem

salesmen told us it had more ram than we'd ever need.

I remember using windowds for workgroups once1 at the library

it was so swanky, with little windows and stuff, and you could run two programs at the same time.

I remember using windowds for workgroups once1 at the library

it was so swanky, with little windows and stuff, and you could run two programs at the same time.

quoted for teh shit grammarz and further proof against teh Wordsmithz title

lol@Kiki grammar