First 9/11 themed movie

kiwi said:
We all knew it was only a matter of time. They make movies out of everything they can. Look at Pearl Harbor and World War 2 (and 1, and Vietnam, Somalia, etc).

Those events were tragic as well, yet we all sit back and enjoy the movies made from them.
And the video games are even worse

Galen said:
To a country that was founded on Liberalism, wouldn't an American Conservative be only really 'desiring' to conserve Liberalism? Wouldn't that make them -all- liberals?

Supporting laissez fair economics is a conservative stance too, according to some people I've talked to...

Perhaps people shouldn't be educated about ideology by a demagogue TV station.

actually, it's the other way around in US govt. Liberals want more freedom by having a bigger government to protect them from themselves. Conservatives want a smaller government where to people depend on themselves.

Conservatives are more like the founding fathers.

JJ Lady said:
Hey Brokeback Mountain was a very good movie. It was very sad.

K, the entire gay issue aside the two men ARE CHEATING ON THEIR WIVES AND FAMILIES AND HOLLYWOOD IS GLORIFYING IT. Regardless of their inward sexual preference they are sexual deviants because they leave their spouses (while still married) to have sex.

SpangeMonkee said:
actually, it's the other way around in US govt. Liberals want more freedom by having a bigger government to protect them from themselves. Conservatives want a smaller government where to people depend on themselves.

Conservatives are more like the founding fathers.
I don't know how you could be more wrong :wtf:

Are you unaware that neo-liberalism (liberalism of today) advocates "rolling back the frontiers of the state" and promotes selfism? Are you aware that this was the ideology of choice of both Thatcher and that hack Reagan?

This is exactly what I mean. Hidious oversimplification by people not even realizing the difference between the two ideologies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-liberalism

Galen said:

Are you unaware that neo-liberalism (liberalism of today) advocates "rolling back the frontiers of the state" and promotes selfism? Are you aware that this was the ideology of choice of both Thatcher and that hack Reagan?

This is exactly what I mean. Hidious oversimplification by people not even realizing the difference between the two ideologies.

You're overcomplicating it, most Americans can't read encyclopedic material.

We all know what the 'factual' definitions are, however that is seldom what is used in the media vernacular.

JJ Lady said:
Hey Brokeback Mountain was a very good movie. It was very sad.

I WISH I KNEW HOW TO QUIT YOU

Even if it weren't for the fag cowboys that one line insures I will never see that movie. I can't stand horrible dialogue.

KNYTE said:
K, the entire gay issue aside the two men ARE CHEATING ON THEIR WIVES AND FAMILIES AND HOLLYWOOD IS GLORIFYING IT. Regardless of their inward sexual preference they are sexual deviants because they leave their spouses (while still married) to have sex.

:rolleyes:

Morality is so 40 years ago. Today it's all about doing whatever you want with no thought about others, repercussions, or the fact that there is actually a right and a wrong, regardless of what others say or want to conveniently pin on the "suffocating irrelevance of contemporary religion". WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT??? YOU DANG MORMONS AND YOUR RIGID SOCIAL MORES.

Sarcasmo said:
I WISH I KNEW HOW TO QUIT YOU

Even if it weren't for the fag cowboys that one line insures I will never see that movie. I can't stand horrible dialogue.
Me and my friend are gonna split a case of beer and then go watch it hammered :fly:

elpmis said:
Me and my friend are gonna split a case of beer and then go watch it hammered :fly:

Fuck yeah. Laugh. A lot. And reenact your favorite scenes moments after you see them.

Galen said:

you can define all you want. that's how it is.

I think I'm going to name rape Galen to Maxwell Edison (majoring in medicine)

Chances are, the story will end up turning out the same.

theacoustician said:
I think I'm going to name rape Galen to Maxwell Edison (majoring in medicine)

Chances are, the story will end up turning out the same.
Oh please, I have more finesse than that.
Dr. Harold Shipman would be a much better candidate.

KNYTE said:

Umm..have you seen the movie? Cause obvisouly not. They were not married when they fell for eachother. Given the time frame being gay was not only unacceptable but was also a way to get yourself killed. You can view it how you want but unless you see the movie I don't want to hear the bitching.