fireside chat

One day, I'm going to Maryland to meet that guy. I'll probably find out its some nerdy white kid that does dude on dude in Dupont Circle.

it's a biochemical process that works in similar ways among the majority of the population but still has variations in application and intensity. whether a person makes a conscious choice to love another or how much of that choice is even a conscious one, whether a person instinctively loves their offspring or chooses to is entirely up to the individual in question. there is no all-encompassing answer for the entire - or even the majority - of the human race. our cultural definition of love doesn't even apply to many societies

I think family love is instinctual and it can be broken, but we tend to forgive easier if someone is family.

There are cultures in which children are not raised by their biological parents but by designated child-raisers or the community at large. Even in our society there are people who bring children into the world that don't give two shits about those kids. It may be instinctive for most humans to care for the younger members of the species but attachment to one's genetic offspring can be as much cultural as biological.

someone can earn love, but more often they earn money, and the money buys the love. people aren't into bartering nearly as much as they once were, so instances of people earning love directly are much more rare.

There are cultures in which children are not raised by their biological parents but by designated child-raisers or the community at large. Even in our society there are people who bring children into the world that don't give two shits about those kids. It may be instinctive for most humans to care for the younger members of the species but attachment to one's genetic offspring can be as much cultural as biological.

You mean like K-Pax?