fireside chat

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
what is your opinion...

does someone DESERVE to be loved, or does love just happen to someone, regardless of who they are? do you think a person earns the right to be loved, or does a person have nothing to do with how love chooses someone? does one choose love or does love choose someone?

I think love is earned. I don't care who you are in relation to me (family, friends, etc) if you hurt me bad enogh I will not love you.

It depends entirely on the kind of love, there are a lot of different relationships you can have: friendship, family and romantic.

I think familial love is the strongest and does not need to be earned, we tend to have a very inherently strong bond of love with our parents and siblings which is very hard to break.

It depends entirely on the kind of love, there are a lot of different relationships you can have: friendship, family and romantic.

I think familial love is the strongest and does not need to be earned, we tend to have a very inherently strong bond of love with our parents and siblings which is very hard to break.
I think family love is instinctual and it can be broken, but we tend to forgive easier if someone is family.

I think family love is instinctual and it can be broken, but we tend to forgive easier if someone is family.

Only way my family ties would be broken is over something really heinous like heroin addiction or murder, and even if they turned into a smackhead that would not negate my love for them, just the care that I give them. With regard to a romantic partner a lie can be enough to break love, if my parents lied to me it's usually for my own benefit.

love just happens. it can be the best thing ever, but ifit goes away, it can be the worst. it gives you something to live for, knowing that there is something you would die for.

Last edited:
I do not think that everyone deserves to be loved. And I do not think that family love is the strongest, I think my weakest connections are to family members. I think that love is a choice but once I love someone its very hard for me to stop they have to do something pretty bad.

I love my thornikins.

love just happens. it can be the best thing ever, but ifit goes away, it can be the worst. it gives you something to live for, knowing that there is something you would die for.

Did you steal that from Hallmark?

what is your opinion...

does someone DESERVE to be loved, or does love just happen to someone, regardless of who they are? do you think a person earns the right to be loved, or does a person have nothing to do with how love chooses someone? does one choose love or does love choose someone?

Love is not a God given right. You earn it from everyone by not being a douche.

I think love is earned. I don't care who you are in relation to me (family, friends, etc) if you hurt me bad enogh I will not love you.

what this broad said.

In contrast, though, there are cases where you can tell someone is a hardass and actually just needs some love and understanding, yanno?