Halp Firefox Config Problem

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥435
With older versions for Firefox, I was able to save my Firefox config as an HTML file using Mr.Tech Toolkit extension. I'd like to upgrade from 15.0.1 to 18.0.1. However that part of Mr.Tech Toolkit extension doesn't work in 15.0.1. How can I save my config as an HTML file?

The prefs.js file is pretty easy to read out of the box. Any reason you have to save your config to a HTML file?

edit: you can probably get that addon above working by turning off compatibility checking in Firefox.
Add a new boolean key to about:config named "extensions.checkCompatibility.18.0.1" and set to false. You'd have to update that key with every updated version of Firefox.

Last edited:
When I install a newer version of Firefox, I install it to its' own folder. I will add a -p switch to the shortcut so as to be able to switch between versions. I use the config html file to have a list with links of all my extensions, themes, and plug-ins.

Edit:

If I uncheck Mr.Tech Toolkit Enable compatibility Checking and check Disable XPI install time delay, they both work. However Mr.Tech Toolkit does not see my config file in order to copy it to the clipboard or save it as Text, hmtl or BBCode.

Last edited:
When I install a newer version of Firefox, I install it to its' own folder. I will add a -p switch to the shortcut so as to be able to switch between versions. I use the config html file to have a list with links of all my extensions, themes, and plug-ins.

Edit:

If I uncheck Mr.Tech Toolkit Enable compatibility Checking and check Disable XPI install time delay, they both work. However Mr.Tech Toolkit does not see my config file in order to copy it to the clipboard or save it as Text, hmtl or BBCode.

I haven't used firefox in a while but do the latest versions let you sync with an account in order to auto config all that stuff between updates and machines?

I haven't used firefox in a while but do the latest versions let you sync with an account in order to auto config all that stuff between updates and machines?

I think LastPass bought FoxMarks, but I don't think it configs everything. FWIW, that part of Chrome doesn't work for me. Something about me using Google Apps for Domains account combined with 2 factor auth.