firearm assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
i understand this. i dont know why all of a sudeen im some gansta gandbanger.

i am the coolest down to earth guy who loves joking and good food.

not some hood rat always grilling peeps to earn respect points in the ghetto.

I know, I've met you before... you're a pretty nice dude.

Everyone here is defensive because of your approach to guns.

Holy crap you're retarded.

You have yet to say ONE THING in this thread that would make think you aren't some immature punk who is just looking for a show piece to carry around and scare people with.

You do not scare or impress me on any level Ruthless, not one bit. Your BS tough guy crap may work on high school kids and your friends, but not with me, not even for a second.

As far as you talking to cops on a regular basis do me a favor: print this thread out and show it to them, I'm sure they'd love it.

i dont care to impress anyone. as long as people show respect then its all good. little punks like you irritate me.

as for the leos, ive talked to all of them about it, and they discuss it with me. they dont try to bash me for their own amusement

i am the coolest down to earth guy who loves joking and good food.
Really?

as for putting me in the hospital, feel free to try, youll be number 420 something. ill fly you out here just so you can try your best

trust me, i get much greater satisfaction out of hitting someone. lol

i do enjoy fighting, if youve ever been out with me youve probably seen me get into some sort of situation.

So what makes you think you won't reach for a gun when you get angry? If you don't normally carry weapons, then you don't know.

guns are a whole nother ball game. thats serious shit. taking a life is not a power you play with.

ms.ruthless and i enjoy shooting, and the though of having protection just in case. its a complete last resort. trust me, i get much greater satisfaction out of hitting someone. lol

I'm sorry but it's impossible to take you seriously when you try to drive home the point that you like to fight a lot and garner satisfaction out of hitting people, and yet you are a responsible medical professional who wants to carry two guns with laser sights because it looks badass. You think we're being harsh? Go post this on a gun forum and see what kind of responses you get. Within an hour you'll have about 100 "edited by admin" replies.

Your perceptions of reality and reality itself are most likely parallel lines. They won't ever meet. I can't count the number of guys I've met who "like to fight" are "badasses" and "always get into shit when they're out". That song and dance haven't changed for eons. Invariably anyone who calls themself a badass isn't a badass at all. They're just a loud-mouthed asshole. Now I know that after reading this you will just want to own a bunch of sweet-ass hand cannons even more, but try to listen to what the people here are telling you. You sound like a 16-year-old on the internet, not a rational adult shopping for protection.

That having been said, .40s are great for carry weapons. Good combination of punch and capacity. You don't need two of them, because you don't shoot with a gun in each hand. Not if you expect to hit anything anyway. Please don't think that movies are realistic, because they're the exact opposite. As a general rule, if you see it in a movie, don't ever try it.

One .40 will suffice, with however many extra clips you think you need. Also keep in mind that self defense situations never evolve into prolonged gun battles with people hunkered down behind cover and scores of empty casings littering the ground. This isn't Iraq. Fight or flight kicks in almost immediately. If you pull a weapon to defend yourself it is almost guaranteed that the situation is going to end shortly thereafter. People want to run away, not eat a bullet.

Most of us don't have a problem not getting ourselves into dangerous situations. I would wager than in most of your stories you did something to escalate the problem or at the very least you had the option of getting yourself out of the situation but you elected not to do so.

I never said you're immature because you enjoy dangerous things, I said you're immature because you enjoy fighting. If you enjoy regulated amature MMA or something, that's one thing. But enjoying getting into scuffles with random strangers is a sign of a disturbed psyche.

As a medical professional you should know that.

a large portions of my fights were at fight clubs, cafe is an excellent example.

i dont enjoy street fighting like i used to. im 24 now, not 17

Here's a solution for you:

Get a holster for your fists. Once you never draw those out in the heat of the moment, then you can own a gun.

Or you can just call your fists guns and we're all good.

Agreed.

It seems, to me, like they're trying to help you make the best decision possible. I would trust KNYTE's opinion on this subject and I understand his feelings regarding the garish way in which this has been approached. Stop bickering and learn something; other than Guitar Hero and fragging bitches in Gears of War this is his passion.

Amy and I are in the market for personal protection as well and KNYTE is the one I intend to direct my questions to when that time comes.

i dont care to impress anyone. as long as people show respect then its all good. little punks like you irritate me.

as for the leos, ive talked to all of them about it, and they discuss it with me. they dont try to bash me for their own amusement

Respect? o_O You earn respect through actions and then you're humble about it.

The people who've been in many fights and can take care of themselves rarely talk about it. The most dangerous people you'll meet are the antithesis of talkative about it. It's likely youve been in many fights with people of the same class as yourself, lotta talk and etc. The reason you havent been hurt is because these certain people I'm talking about will avoid gangsta shit like the plague.

This isnt true on the internet though and I'd say for your own good to drop it and talk about your CCW.

so by some stroke of madness, i have been allowed to purchase and carry a firearm.

im purchasing 2 springfield xd 40's. and im going to get the laser in the barrel(or just below it, whatever)

now my only dilemma is this.

i want the holster from the movie face-off. the dual pistols in the center of the lower back.

does anybody have any ideas or info or anything about this?

Well, you certainly know your handguns. Outstanding choices.

I would get the new 45 ACP myself, if I had the money.

Having said that, you can get 14 rounds of 45 cal in the ACP version of the Springfield xp. Without checking, I can safely assume you can get the same number of rounds in the 40 SW.

So, unless you are traveling with a crowd that is dragging vampires out into the sunlight, I just don't see the need for that many opportunities at hand. It might make a fellow reckless, having a tendency not to aim and squeeze; after all, the object is to hit what you aim at and it doesn't take over 14 rounds to drop a bear (that is if you hit it).

Other than that, nice choice of shootin' irons.

Last edited:
By the way, the HK Compact .40 is as close to the perfect size for a carry weapon as I've seen. I'd check them out before settling on the Springfield.

http://www.hkpro.com/uspc.htm

Note that it's ready to accept your favorite customizations, too.

Last edited:
and i like the clip on laser light combo, just in case theres a bang, crack, or boom in the middle of the night. i like the laser because i though it would improve my accuracy till i can practice regularly.

If you truly need to use the gun to protect yourself, you will be close enough to the individual that missing won't be an option. The laser is more of an added feature that looks cool but doesn't really do anything useful.

I know, I've met you before... you're a pretty nice dude.

i think everybody made a false assumption.

nobody clarified either, they just thought up some bullshit and rolled with it.

thats a total lack of respect. and the ignorance involved in that is what irritates me.

if anybody ever spouted of shit about bikes, id be more than happy to hear them out, and enlighten them to any misunderstandings or what not. id never just bust balls. unless it was with a friend and all in fun

Status
Not open for further replies.