Advice Find me a nice winter jacket

I've had a wool banana republic shortcoat for 9 years or so as my primary winter coat, and it looks good as new.

plain as can be, but does the job. looks like this

290063_33344_41

I've had a wool banana republic shortcoat for 9 years or so as my primary winter coat, and it looks good as new.
I've had one from there for about 5. Awesome coat.

edit: I combined a couple of posts and thought you said peacoat. Either way, they make great jackets.

When my son visited Disney for Christmas when he was young they had to buy coats. I beleiev Florida had almost no oranges that year because of the bad winter, probably about 1986 or so.

I hate to say this, but sweet as that looks, that coat 'only' looks good when you're standing. it's a bitch when you're driving unless you take it off each time and put it in the back seat or trunk (Unless you want a permanent ass shape stretched into your coat). For a day to day sweet winter coat, it's got to be no longer than to your ass. I've got a driving coat that I wear all the time -wool- gorgeous. And a 3/4 length cashmere overcoat that is unfucking believably sweet. The problem with the over coat is I look sweet after I get out of the car and put it on, until I get into the restaurant and take it off. Then, again, when we're leaving, on the walk to the car until I take it off again. When I get home, it's such a POS that I just grab it out of the back seat and carry it to the closet.

nowadays, that fucker only comes out -if it's cold enough- for Christmas parties and New Years Eve parties. It's just a gorgeous pain in the ass.

Where do you live (how cold and/or snowy does it get)? I have as I said elsewhere like 5 winter coats - a couple leather and down coats and then a 3in1 that is water proof with fleece removable liner (great for spring and fall too). Each serves its own purpose since winter can be -20 to 40 here.

Generally speaking a nice wool trench or peacoat goes a long way. I need one myself.