Advice Find me a nice winter jacket

Wtf are you people doing to your zippers? :lol:
I've had a couple plastic-y zippers break on me. One of my son's coats was rough to zip and as soon as we got it unstuck, the zipper was busted. It seems to me that the bigger tooth zippers don't hold up as well

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
So fed up with these junk nylon YKK zippers on every fucking jacket. How has this company been allowed to corner the market on getting every winter jacket manufacturer to use their zippers? Un-fucking-real.

My LL Bean winter jacket, just like the last 6 or so, the zipper broke and many teeth fell out of the zipper. I took it back to the Bean store yesterday afternoon. Got instore credit. None of the jackets they had in the store had good quality zippers. If I'm going to shell out $200 fucking dollars for a damn winter jacket, I want a quality zipper. I also checked the North Face store and Dick's Sporting Goods; all of those jackets had same shit zippers.Ended up having to get another LL Bean jacket from their Outlet store. This one has smaller zipper, so hopefully it won't fucking fail as fast as all of the others.

Note, I haven't paid for jacket in like 15 yrs because of LL Bean return policy. So they've lost like over a grand or more just because the refuse to use any other zipper manufacturer. I don't get it.

/rant
ykk makes all kinda zippers (my backpack has a seriously durable zip on it by ykk and I go it in 2004), you should blame ll bean for using the cheapo ones

I have a Columbia winter jacket I bought probably 12 years ago I still wear once in awhile to do yard work or to shovel snow and the zipper has held up great.

I looked at Columbia jackets and they too used those cheap nylon YKK zippers. North Face jackets too. And some other brand that Dick's Sporting Goods carried.

i just remember that being a yearly winter maintenance thing when i was a kid. When you take the coats out of storage, you wax the zippers.