Advice Find me a nice winter jacket

image_80566_1.jpg

It's like the universal coat.

If you want something more specific add requirements.

image_80566_1.jpg

It's like the universal coat.

If you want something more specific add requirements.

except if you need anything you would wear something business-ey for. Thats a working mans jacket, which is just fine for working, but its not something you wear with anything more than a collared shirt and jeans.

except if you need anything you would wear something business-ey for. Thats a working mans jacket, which is just fine for working, but its not something you wear with anything more than a collared shirt and jeans.
Someday, you least-coasters will get with the program and realize that work wear should be nothing more than a collared shirt and jeans.

what kind are you looking for??? Like what area are you from?

as far as a 'ski' style, I have one of these,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLUMBIA-ME...-HEAT-INSULATED-JACKET-S-M-L-XL-/321273758659

$98! At that cost, it's practically disposable!

I got it last year from my sister from a Columbia outlet. she got one a month earlier for her hubby and he was all 'this is un-fucking-believable.'

and it smokes everything I've ever had. It weighs almost nothing and wicked warm in subzero weather. I used it all the time to snow blow driveways around the neighborhood and roasted in it. There's no arm restrictions, nothing. It's weird because other than seeing it, when it's on, you just barely feel it. In all honesty, you could probably get away with wearing a thick long sleeve Tshirt under it and be absolutely fine.

Who said anything about business-y? He said, and I'm quoting "Find me a nice winter jacket." Nice: pleasant; agreeable; satisfactory.

Yeah, WHAT NOW BITCH *throws down gloves*

Someday, you least-coasters will get with the program and realize that work wear should be nothing more than a collared shirt and jeans.
I hate jeans, I wear cloth pants? I dont want to say khakis because everyone thinks of dockers, but like khakis

Where do you live (how cold and/or snowy does it get)? I have as I said elsewhere like 5 winter coats - a couple leather and down coats and then a 3in1 that is water proof with fleece removable liner (great for spring and fall too). Each serves its own purpose since winter can be -20 to 40 here.

Generally speaking a nice wool trench or peacoat goes a long way. I need one myself.
It gets really cold here too. I might end up getting 2. I like a lot of leather jackets I see but they just aren't warm enough for a lot of days here. Might get a leather + some kind of parka.

It gets really cold here too. I might end up getting 2. I like a lot of leather jackets I see but they just aren't warm enough for a lot of days here. Might get a leather + some kind of parka.
I always used a leather jacket as an exterior wind breaker, and had a sweater or something warm underneath. Worked well

I always used a leather jacket as an exterior wind breaker, and had a sweater or something warm underneath. Worked well
that's kind of what I did tonight, wore my spring/fall jacket (that helenabear actually helped me pick out iirc) and wore a sweater underneath. but the problem with that is when you get to where you're going and take the jacket off you're going to be hot as fuck because the heat will be blasting.

a) I didn't search out anyone's post specifically to criticize it based on fictitious criteria.
b) You people have zero humor.

i realized you were joking. It was the imaginary internet fisticuffs that made it clear.

• Gravy
Reactions: ZRH
that's kind of what I did tonight, wore my spring/fall jacket (that helenabear actually helped me pick out iirc) and wore a sweater underneath. but the problem with that is when you get to where you're going and take the jacket off you're going to be hot as fuck because the heat will be blasting.
Yeah, that is a pain. But leather just looks and feels so good.