Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

My guess is that your fetishization of Hispanic women coupled with your stereotyping of the same (e.g. they're all crazy and throw things) leads you to overlook blatant red flags, but I'm sure that's all very logical.
Omg I cant with you. Dude Ive mentioned multiple times she was a stacked white girl.

Latinas are pretty chill in my experience.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
I like women. Not really sure why. It would actually make more sense to be gay since guys can normally cook and have a fulltime job and a drivers license and are logical. Im working 60 hours a week and you need a ride to get your nails done like honey, take the bus and let me sleep. I did try saying that once and got open palm slapped.
You should not let your poor choices in relationship lead you to stereotype women.

there's actually tons of infighting about bi vs pan bc pansexual is already covered by bisexual and a lot of people come up with biphobic and/or transphobic arguments as to why their brand of bisexuality is different (e.g., "I'm pansexual, not bisexual, bc I am also attracted to trans people," "hearts not parts," etc.)

I don't personally care how someone chooses to identify, but I do take issue with the reasons they give for it if those reasons are shit or perpetuate harmful things.
I think bisexual doesn't cover pansexual because bisexual only acknowledges two genders. If we are moving away from binary gender, then we have to move away from binary understanding of sexuality as well.

• Gravy
I'm still trying to figure out how if you just label a behavior you're discriminating. It's not like I didn't give someone a mortgage. I don't care honestly. The amount of effort that goes into being politically correct just seems misspent.
So you are saying that language never matters? You have acknowledged in the past that I have hurt your feelings with my words. That's acknowledgement that words do matter.

I think bisexual doesn't cover pansexual because bisexual only acknowledges two genders. If we are moving away from binary gender, then we have to move away from binary understanding of sexuality as well.

The Bisexual Manifesto, which was written in 1990, explicitly states that is not the case

Screenshot_20220805-093231_Chrome.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
rather than male and female, the "bi" in bisexual can more accurately be described as attraction to genders the same as/similar to your own and genders that are not the same/dissimilar.

You should not let your poor choices in relationship lead you to stereotype women.
In a culture such as ours, which often emotionally abuses boys into stunted ragebeasts, men are just as if not more irrational than women. It's illogical to act as though emotions aren't a driving force for everyone. Plus women deal with the "emotional" nonsense so much they pretty much have to be keenly aware of how those effect their actions.

Pew Pew Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

In a culture such as ours, which often emotionally abuses boys into stunted ragebeasts, men are just as if not more irrational than women. It's illogical to act as though emotions aren't a driving force for everyone. Plus women deal with the "emotional" nonsense so much they pretty much have to be keenly aware of how those effect their actions.
I agree. I also think that ZRH makes terrible choices when it comes to the women he dates. You could dance around him with a giant red flag that says "DANGER! THIS BITCH IS GOING TO RUIN YOUR FUCKING LIFE AND POSSIBLY KILL YOU!" and he'd still be like "I'm gonna tap that and go into debt over it."

The Bisexual Manifesto, which was written in 1990, explicitly states that is not the case

View attachment 16333

If that is the case, then why did the community feel the need to come up with pansexual as a term at all? I think that this manifesto may not be universally accepted by the LGBTQ+ community or the general public in understanding.

• Gravy
If that is the case, then why did the community feel the need to come up with pansexual as a term at all? I think that this manifesto may not be universally accepted by the LGBTQ+ community or the general public in understanding.
the term "pansexual" & its derivatives were originally coined by Freud & referred to something different than sexual orientation.

the term has since been changed to fit that paradigm, but many of the reasons given for its necessity are baseless at best and transphobic at worst, on top of erasing the history of bisexuality in favor of a narrow misunderstanding of the term.

if it's a term that someone vibes with, that's fine, but like one of the biggest reasons I've seen people give for why they're pansexual and not bisexual is they are also attracted to trans people, and that only makes sense if you think that trans [gender] is a separate gender from cis [gender]. hearts-not-parts feeds into the biphobic stereotype of bisexual people as sex-craved fuckbeasts and/or hints back to the unfounded accusation of transphobia (implying that there is a preoccupation by bisexuals on "parts."

the term "pansexual" & its derivatives were originally coined by Freud & referred to something different than sexual orientation.

the term has since been changed to fit that paradigm, but many of the reasons given for its necessity are baseless at best and transphobic at worst, on top of erasing the history of bisexuality in favor of a narrow misunderstanding of the term.

if it's a term that someone vibes with, that's fine, but like one of the biggest reasons I've seen people give for why they're pansexual and not bisexual is they are also attracted to trans people, and that only makes sense if you think that trans [gender] is a separate gender from cis [gender]. hearts-not-parts feeds into the biphobic stereotype of bisexual people as sex-craved fuckbeasts and/or hints back to the unfounded accusation of transphobia (implying that there is a preoccupation by bisexuals on "parts."

Huh, that's an interesting perspective and one that I hadn't read before in all of my classes about gender and communications. I'll have to read more about it as I think there might be more to this story than has been presented here.

Honestly I wont use pansexual because a) Im bi, not pan, and b) It makes me think of Pans Labyrinth and I dont want to fuck that goat masked thing.
It wasn't a mask. It was a faun. If I was inclined to write an essay you could compare labyrinths in literature to all this. I'm not inclined but I really did like The Library by Jorge Luis Borges and House of Leaves by I cant remember the dude's name.