Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

In the mother, immune cells called B lymphocytes (or B cells) constantly produce antibodies. Then, once lactation begins, the mammary glands send out a chemical signal that draws these B cells to the breast — where they park in the glands and produce thousands of antibodies per second, ready to move into the breast milk in huge quantities. But unlike molecules from medications, coffee and alcoholic drinks, which are so small they can pass into the breast milk on their own (although at diluted levels), antibodies are too large to do so. Instead, receptors on the surface of the milk ducts grab the antibodies and package them in protective, fluid-filled bubbles that allow them to pass safely through the milk-duct cells and into the milk on the other side4.

Nature is fucking badass.

Nature is fucking badass.
this is one of the reasons they push breastfeeding so hard, even outside this particular vaccine, & where formula can't compete. breastfed kiddos get immunity boosts from breast milk against the stuff mom's been exposed to (& in theory, baby is exposed to the same things so they benefit from that).

this is one of the reasons they push breastfeeding so hard, even outside this particular vaccine, & where formula can't compete. breastfed kiddos get immunity boosts from breast milk against the stuff mom's been exposed to (& in theory, baby is exposed to the same things so they benefit from that).
Yep, if you can do it, there's a fuckton of health benefits.

I have a friend who had covid shortly after the New Year, who is fully vaccinated, and just tested positive for covid again today. :wtf: I thought those of us who had the rona and are fully vaccinated were pretty much safe?

I have a friend who had covid shortly after the New Year, who is fully vaccinated, and just tested positive for covid again today. :wtf: I thought those of us who had the rona and are fully vaccinated were pretty much safe?
yeah, the goalposts moved on that one. You're not likely to have to go to the hospital is all it means now.

both vaccination and prior infection decrease likelihood of reinfection as well as decreasing likelihood of severe infection/symptoms, but the level of protection (and how long it lasts) varies from person to person and is never 100%

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
You are safe, but humans are also weird. Especially when there are 8 billion science experiments walking around the planet.

no! no one is safe from the rona but the symptoms are supposed to be less and you won’t die from it

• Gravy
Reactions: fly