Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

You realize that post is a classic indicator of Stockholm syndrome, right?
How is the company ever going to grow to achieve its goals if all it's earnings above a million dollars are confiscated. Sure that works for small mom and pop businesses but how does it work for something like SpaceX that expends a million dollars a hour

Wait, maybe I'll misinterpreted this. Does Doge mean no salaries over 1 million? Cuz that's very very different from no income

Wait, maybe I'll misinterpreted this. Does Doge mean no salaries over 1 million? Cuz that's very very different from no income

One million is a little low in this day and age. $5 million is more realistic. It’ll be painful (depending on one’s definition of “pain”) for the first 10 years, but oh well. People have survived worse.

Personal income, not revenues or profits.

Not no salaries over $1M, because that would be "mandating pay": everything over $1M gets taxed at at least 90%. Just like we did to create the middle class.

$1M is pulled out of my ass, but it's hard to argue that somebody should get that much while there are unhoused, unfed, and unmedicated people.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Personal income, not revenues or profits.

Not no salaries over $1M, because that would be "mandating pay": everything over $1M gets taxed at at least 90%. Just like we did to create the middle class.

$1M is pulled out of my ass, but it's hard to argue that somebody should get that much while there are unhoused, unfed, and unmedicated people.
make it a billion, and it still works out fine

In Canada, you will not be able to travel by plane or train if you are not fully vaccinated

DAMN! that’s one way to keep the covids down
American Airlines, Jet Blue, and Alaska Airlines announced to their employees yesterday they must be fully vaccinated by December 8th or they will lose their jobs. According to their union, 30 % of the pilots who work for these airlines are unvaccinated. If they don't get vaccinated and walk off the job it could be another huge hit for the airline industry that is already hurting.

In Canada, you will not be able to travel by plane or train if you are not fully vaccinated

DAMN! that’s one way to keep the covids down
They also announced that federal public servants must be vaccinated or they will be suspended without pay or eligibility for unemployment. The unions are about to crack their knuckles…

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
American Airlines, Jet Blue, and Alaska Airlines announced to their employees yesterday they must be fully vaccinated by December 8th or they will lose their jobs. According to their union, 30 % of the pilots who work for these airlines are unvaccinated. If they don't get vaccinated and walk off the job it could be another huge hit for the airline industry that is already hurting.
so that's just those airlines right?

here its for every airline and our rail system period.

I know air Canada employees last date to submit proof of vaxx is today I believe.
my super super antivaxxer buddy that works for AC went yesterday and hes pissssssed.
he would have been suspended with no pay. he make over 100k a year so he had no choice.
I secretly giggled

Lots of the "palaces" being built these days truly are the product of capitalism; hideous overpriced monstrosities with almost no value in terms of craftsmanship or quality.

Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

so that's just those airlines right?

here its for every airline and our rail system period.

I know air Canada employees last date to submit proof of vaxx is today I believe.
my super super antivaxxer buddy that works for AC went yesterday and hes pissssssed.
he would have been suspended with no pay. he make over 100k a year so he had no choice.
I secretly giggled
December 8th is the deadline for federal workers and federal contractors to be vaccinated. Those airlines have contracts with the federal government therefore their employees must be vaccinated by then. Eventually every company in the country that employs over 100 people will have to have their employees fully vaccinated. A date for that hasn't been set yet.