Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

I never got it and I’ve been tested at least 8 times. Vaccinating me would have one of two effects.

1) I’d die or
2) It would be the equivalent of injecting a canned ham

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Kiko for his 1st dose yesterday (pfizer)
my gf wrote me this ..

d538563360fc4b91e2108175abd4fd19.jpg
It's extremely rare, and treatable. No big deal. And AFAIK, there are zero studies about 8 weeks schedule for boys to prevent/reduce this. Ask her for a link to a study about 8 weeks and post it here? Otherwise, she's making shit up.

BTW, guess how else you can get it? COVID.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Who else here has not got covid? I have not, even though the old lady did, before I got vaccinated, and likely was exposed for at least 10 days before we knew, and took zero precautions as far as being in immediate contact with each other at home. We did all the things we were supposed to do in public, even to a greater degree than what was recommended many times but not at home.

After we knew she had it we wore masks in the house when we were together in the same room but not while in separate rooms. Kept spray bottles of 91% alcohol everywhere and hosed down things we passed back and forth, like a remote control or laptop or used dinner plates, drink glasses, etc.

Nobody's perfect and there were plenty of times we ended up close to each other unmasked or passed things back and forth without being disinfected first. Time of exposure was small but occurrences were many.

I never got it the whole time. By all rights should have but didn't, as confirmed by multiple tests before and after.

Yep it's just one data point and we both know people who got sick and recovered and a few who got sick and died and at least one, possibly two who got incredibly sick from vaccine and several who are totally mis-informed anti-vax as well as a few who personally know those 1 or 2 who got terribly sick from vax and are quite understandably very leery of it.

People can cite all the "one in a million chance" studies they want, when you're that one, your chances just became 100%, none of that other shit matters.

We are Moderna people. All the info I could find at the time said that was the best one with the best success rate so that's what we got. I can't sit here and say I would've taken one that had a 75% or 83% or whatever chance of working when none of that shit went through the whole rigamarole of approval. It was all just "emergency approval" with us as the guinea pigs. Now that so many people got it there's a lot more data to go on but at the time you can't fault anyone for being apprehensive and even now there ain't enough time gone by to know shit about real long term effects from either the virus or the vaccine. We just plain don't know. Learn more all the time but still don't know. There just plain hasn't been enough time go by to know. There's nothing wrong with saying you really don't know when you really don't know.

As usual the extremes are populated by fools. From anti-vax conspiracy theorists to pro-vax folks saying "just stick any of them in your arm now or you're going to kill people" to people either putting full faith in or completely dismissing ivermectin or large vitamin doses or anything else that may or may not help some people but maybe not others.

All fools.
The data I saw, and this was from quite a while ago, was that about 50% of people don't transmit it to anyone (*delta may have changed this). I have two groups of friends where the SO didn't transmit it even though they shared the same air. Additionally, you're waaaay more infectious before you have symptoms, so you never were going to get it.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I think I trust fly’s info regarding Covid more than 99% of the stuff I read or hear elsewhere. I don’t know why. It’s either because he seems to know what he’s talking about or that one weird picture I saw, like a plastic army man or something.

E1DC4387-1594-46C0-AA58-462A4D9564EE.jpeg

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and fly
I think I trust fly’s info regarding Covid more than 99% of the stuff I read or hear elsewhere. I don’t know why. It’s either because he seems to know what he’s talking about or that one weird picture I saw, like a plastic army man or something.

View attachment 14883
Certainly don't trust anyone on the internet for medical advice. However, I certainly wouldn't trust anecdotal advice from a friend either. She may have seen some cases from this, but she doesn't see the *millions* of other boys who don't get it.

Who else here has not got covid? I have not, even though the old lady did, before I got vaccinated, and likely was exposed for at least 10 days before we knew, and took zero precautions as far as being in immediate contact with each other at home. We did all the things we were supposed to do in public, even to a greater degree than what was recommended many times but not at home.

Entirely possible you've had covid but were asymptomatic.

And yeah, people on each extreme of any debate can generally fuck off... but on this topic there's only one side of the extreme that's clogging up ICU beds, so they can fuck off 100 times harder.

Entirely possible you've had covid but were asymptomatic.

And yeah, people on each extreme of any debate can generally fuck off... but on this topic there's only one side of the extreme that's clogging up ICU beds, so they can fuck off 100 times harder.
I wondered if I was the one who brought it home and was an asymptomatic carrier but tests all said no. We pinned down her far most likely, and very likely only contact, to a relatives deathbed/funeral thing 2 weeks prior (not from covid).

As far as extremes go I'm cool with very strong suggestions, including labeling people who don't follow them as stupid or whatever, but not absolute mandates. That's just how it is, arguing about it is a waste of both of our time.

I figured it was a dumbass antivaxx thing, but it seems to be an objection to withdrawal from afghanistan and the method in which is was conducted ? Its super hard to read, but if thats it, I get the dudes concern. Although theres definitely hints of crazy in there "traitorous withdrawal" and "marxist takeover"

oh, fly's auto-parser is being ultra-fucky. I think theres more images. I only see the super compressed screenshot of the resignation letter below the dudes wifes tweet

View attachment 14883
I think I recognize that fella on the left. He should pop in and say hi sometime.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
This is a great discussion about a huge and fascinating randomized study done in Bangledesh to determine the effects of mask wearing. As is often the case with science, it provides more questions than answers. In essence, anything other than N95 resulted in ZERO reduction in transmission for people under 50.

IIRC, some countries (Germany?) already have determined anything other than N95 is useless and specifically require them.

This is a great discussion about a huge and fascinating randomized study done in Bangledesh to determine the effects of mask wearing. As is often the case with science, it provides more questions than answers. In essence, anything other than N95 resulted in ZERO reduction in transmission for people under 50.

IIRC, some countries (Germany?) already have determined anything other than N95 is useless and specifically require them.

Yeah N95 is strict there as far as I can tell. My sister got kicked out a store in Berlin last month for wearing a normal one.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers and fly