Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

qpHJ71o.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
I need to scroll on my device differently when I see Adi has been posting. I always hit one of those damn videos and it starts playing.

If I scroll along the edge, I’m safe. Towards the center, I have to see him singing through his bottom teeth.

Am catching up, seems like @fly has declared COVID is over if vaccinated now? Nice. Did you get that from Joe Rogan?
I'm not qualified to speak for him, since I've never smoked weed with Elon Musk on a podcast, but I think what he's been saying is that all the theater going on now is basically to coddle the unvaccinated.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Immigrant
I'm not qualified to speak for him, since I've never smoked weed with Elon Musk on a podcast, but I think what he's been saying is that all the theater going on now is basically to coddle the unvaccinated.
I'd rather take the view its to 'coddle' exhausted healthcare workers. I'm still yet to see how long the vaccines last for so there's that too.

Sometimes daily personal experience Trump's some study that can't help but be behind the curve.

Who else here has not got covid? I have not, even though the old lady did, before I got vaccinated, and likely was exposed for at least 10 days before we knew, and took zero precautions as far as being in immediate contact with each other at home. We did all the things we were supposed to do in public, even to a greater degree than what was recommended many times but not at home.

After we knew she had it we wore masks in the house when we were together in the same room but not while in separate rooms. Kept spray bottles of 91% alcohol everywhere and hosed down things we passed back and forth, like a remote control or laptop or used dinner plates, drink glasses, etc.

Nobody's perfect and there were plenty of times we ended up close to each other unmasked or passed things back and forth without being disinfected first. Time of exposure was small but occurrences were many.

I never got it the whole time. By all rights should have but didn't, as confirmed by multiple tests before and after.

Yep it's just one data point and we both know people who got sick and recovered and a few who got sick and died and at least one, possibly two who got incredibly sick from vaccine and several who are totally mis-informed anti-vax as well as a few who personally know those 1 or 2 who got terribly sick from vax and are quite understandably very leery of it.

People can cite all the "one in a million chance" studies they want, when you're that one, your chances just became 100%, none of that other shit matters.

We are Moderna people. All the info I could find at the time said that was the best one with the best success rate so that's what we got. I can't sit here and say I would've taken one that had a 75% or 83% or whatever chance of working when none of that shit went through the whole rigamarole of approval. It was all just "emergency approval" with us as the guinea pigs. Now that so many people got it there's a lot more data to go on but at the time you can't fault anyone for being apprehensive and even now there ain't enough time gone by to know shit about real long term effects from either the virus or the vaccine. We just plain don't know. Learn more all the time but still don't know. There just plain hasn't been enough time go by to know. There's nothing wrong with saying you really don't know when you really don't know.

As usual the extremes are populated by fools. From anti-vax conspiracy theorists to pro-vax folks saying "just stick any of them in your arm now or you're going to kill people" to people either putting full faith in or completely dismissing ivermectin or large vitamin doses or anything else that may or may not help some people but maybe not others.

All fools.

Amazing studies being done when I'm unaware of any country that has been giving the vaccine to kids for any length of time.
I think I owe you an apology for going along with Valve when he was dogpiling you over the long covid stuff. I've actually heard that term used multiple times in the recent past, by people who actually work in the medical field, not just somebody on the internet, so sorry about that, I was wrong.
Seems to be a real thing.

I think I owe you an apology for going along with Valve when he was dogpiling you over the long covid stuff. I've actually heard that term used multiple times in the recent past, by people who actually work in the medical field, not just somebody on the internet, so sorry about that, I was wrong.
Seems to be a real thing.
Cheers dude. It'll be going on a year as of October. I know some nurses I work with who have had it longer sadly. Proper sucks but hopefully I'm on the up! Its a great reason not to be so blasé about getting covid in the first instance. Yeah it might feel like a cold or flu but you've no idea how it might fuck you in the long term. I'm 32 and a couple of weeks back feeding my dogs was enough to exhaust me for the entire day. Its no way to live.

Cheers dude. It'll be going on a year as of October. I know some nurses I work with who have had it longer sadly. Proper sucks but hopefully I'm on the up! Its a great reason not to be so blasé about getting covid in the first instance. Yeah it might feel like a cold or flu but you've no idea how it might fuck you in the long term. I'm 32 and a couple of weeks back feeding my dogs was enough to exhaust me for the entire day. Its no way to live.
The wife's lingered for a good while too as far as breathlessness, fatigue, foggy head, etc. Long after tests came back negative again. Did seem to clear up totally after a few/several weeks but certainly not no 10-14 days like some say.
Good luck with it.