Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

is it that rusty? i generally only go in for a shot if i get a deep puncture on something reallly dirty. Like a nail thats been in the dirt
dirt is an excellent environment for Clostridium tetani spores, but it's not the only environment where they live or thrive. the biggest thing is they're anaerobic, so a jagged nail in the soil is a great environment because in the depths of the soil, there's no O2 (and also because it can be passed in feces and can live for years, so if that nail was in a field that used to be used for livestock, there's a higher chance you might find some), but the teeny tiny pockets and crevices in rust are anaerobic enough that it's a possibility.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
That was excellent. And yes, he's had people on his show who support some of these alternative treatments for covid however he's also had doctors and experts on who are very much pro vaccine. I think he's spot on when points out one of the biggest issues with covid in this country is we're a country of fat fucks who don't take care of themselves physically. So many who of these people who get extremely sick from covid are obese with preexisting health conditions related to their obesity and yet we're offering people free Krispy Kreme donuts to get vaccinated. 🤔
Acting like quacks ("people . . . who support some of these alternative treatments") are equivalent to experts is exactly the problem.

that's awful >:[ you should also have been able to get it because of having babies, the pertussis part of the Tdap (vs. just the Td booster) is super important for anyone in close contact with newborns to be protected against (but that's also from a medical perspective & not insurance, who are out to make $, so I'm angry but I'm not surprised).
This. I got one and I think they stabbed the hubby too with this last kid.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and august

Another great writeup by Derek. Turns out Rogan's interpretation wasn't *completely* wrong, just mostly wrong. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
I had two today say they would have to be fired before they got it.
and they will be if their employer is gonna have to pay 14,000 a day OSHA fines for each of them.

although, if i remember right you're a state or local govt employee and OSHA doesnt have jurisdiction over ya'll

and they will be if their employer is gonna have to pay 14,000 a day OSHA fines for each of them.

although, if i remember right you're a state or local govt employee and OSHA doesnt have jurisdiction over ya'll
Correct. I imagine they will do something like shot or mandatory testing.

I had two today say they would have to be fired before they got it.
Our "state of the workplace" email today said essentially this to unvaxxed employees:
Ice Cube Friday GIF

They have to provide proof of a scheduled vaccination within two weeks, or they will be asked to resign.

Our "state of the workplace" email today said essentially this to unvaxxed employees:
Ice Cube Friday GIF

They have to provide proof of a scheduled vaccination within two weeks, or they will be asked to resign.
the federal mandate is only for executive branch though, so theyre doing that on their own

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Ice Cube Friday GIF

I really hope that doesn’t happen to us. It would make my job so awful I’d probably quit. They won’t be able to replace our current crew with people of equal competence. Not for a few years at least. They simply don’t pay enough.

It was a very long email, which boiled down to "we're seeing a lot of workplaces trending this way, so we're just going to follow suit, now that there's an FDA-approved vaccine". There was also a cost breakdown for how much they have to spend each time there's a positive, symptomatic case identified on deep cleaning offices and whatnot that was used to financially justify the decision somewhat.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
It was a very long email, which boiled down to "we're seeing a lot of workplaces trending this way, so we're just going to follow suit, now that there's an FDA-approved vaccine". There was also a cost breakdown for how much they have to spend each time there's a positive, symptomatic case identified on deep cleaning offices and whatnot that was used to financially justify the decision somewhat.
they tried to apply logic based arguments to anti-vaxx karens?

Silly STEM people.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum