Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

my mom was with a coworker on saturday morning.
my mom came over saturday night and had a great family night

giphy.gif

on sunday morning coworker was advised she was exposed to a positive person she called my mom + they both went and got tested (separately)

giphy.gif

today coworker tested positive. mom is awaiting her results.

giphy.gif

my mom was here saturday and prob brought that nasty shit here

giphy.gif

today i have a work meeting with my narc.

giphy.gif

THE END

Between lack of holidays and vaccines, infections have dropped off a cliff in Florida. Last couple of day have been between 3-6k for the whole state.

Philly's distribution is so messed up it looks like I'm gonna have to wait until vaccines aren't cool anymore to get one.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
So this is some of the first data I've seen to show that not only does the vaccine prevent you from getting sick, it prevents you from being infected at all. This is essentially sterilizing immunity, meaning you cannot transmit the virus (well, 85% of people after the 2nd dose).

This is huge!

So this is some of the first data I've seen to show that not only does the vaccine prevent you from getting sick, it prevents you from being infected at all. This is essentially sterilizing immunity, meaning you cannot transmit the virus (well, 85% of people after the 2nd dose).

This is huge!

Awesome. That's what I was hoping to see.

This is huge!

How long as you immune? I got another month til my second shot. Most people at my work have had it now as front line social care workers and counsellors/therapists just got a link to book in so I'll be going into both jobs at some point face to face I guess.

How long as you immune? I got another month til my second shot. Most people at my work have had it now as front line social care workers and counsellors/therapists just got a link to book in so I'll be going into both jobs at some point face to face I guess.
AFAIK, there is no way to test that other than time. IIRC tho, people who recovered from SARS twenty years ago are still immune, so hopefully a long time.

I don't have an article handy, but another neat thing I read about recently...

After infection, there are cells that grab on to pieces of the leftover virus. These cells attach the viral pieces to their cell walls and hang out right where antibodies are produced. For *months* after an infection, the body continues to produce iterations of antibodies and testing them against these pieces to fine tune the antibodies.

Nature is fucking awesome.

I don't have an article handy, but another neat thing I read about recently...

After infection, there are cells that grab on to pieces of the leftover virus. These cells attach the viral pieces to their cell walls and hang out right where antibodies are produced. For *months* after an infection, the body continues to produce iterations of antibodies and testing them against these pieces to fine tune the antibodies.

Nature is fucking awesome.
at a ELI5 level, Kurzgesagt videos on youtube explain this well. Been watching one of those with the kids before bed most days, sometimes I learn stuff from them too. Very accessible.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly