Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Looks like our county is threatening rollbacks on what’s open because people are dumb.

we had a 300+ case spike in 24 hrs and they are now talking about going back to phase 2 possibly.. which means closing restaurants + bars + gyms etc yikes ..

300 a day may not be a high number to some of y’all living in hot spots but i feel that nipping it in the bud sooner than later is a better option

We have a friend who is, in my opinion, pressuring my wife to go to her son's wedding. We are not going and my wife won't let me on the phone to tell this friend to fuck off. My wife did say no nicely but I think the blunt approach will leave no doubt.

I have to wonder if the world’s economy would fare better if there wasn’t such a vast wealth gap, and if people who really didn’t need it didn’t bother collecting unemployment or Covid relief payments of any kind.

It stems from me hearing a guy interviewed who was currently out of work and collecting unemployment, as was his spouse, along with the extra unemployment the fed gov was chipping in. He was asked why he “wasn’t applying at Target or Kroger” and his reply was “Oh, I don’t need it. We bought an RV and are going to travel, as we each made around $100k a year prior to the shutdown and have money saved.”.

Them collecting unemployment while some folks were still having to work for their puny base wage, and congress failing to pass the Heroes Bill that would’ve paid extra to “essential workers” is at least, immoral.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and fly
I have to wonder if the world’s economy would fare better if there wasn’t such a vast wealth gap, and if people who really didn’t need it didn’t bother collecting unemployment or Covid relief payments of any kind.

It stems from me hearing a guy interviewed who was currently out of work and collecting unemployment, as was his spouse, along with the extra unemployment the fed gov was chipping in. He was asked why he “wasn’t applying at Target or Kroger” and his reply was “Oh, I don’t need it. We bought an RV and are going to travel, as we each made around $100k a year prior to the shutdown and have money saved.”.

Them collecting unemployment while some folks were still having to work for their puny base wage, and congress failing to pass the Heroes Bill that would’ve paid extra to “essential workers” is at least, immoral.
We're a nation of selfish people. The mask "debate" is another great example of that.

I think the problem there is thinking people on 100k are the wealthy and it would make a difference if they did something differently. The 1% are the problem, not everyone else

• Gravy
Reactions: OzSTEEZ
I think the problem there is thinking people on 100k are the wealthy and it would make a difference if they did something differently. The 1% are the problem, not everyone else

Two persons each making over $100k IS in the top 10% of US income. That’s wealthy by anyone’s standards, except foreigners obviously.

I agree that the 1% is a problem, but not THE problem.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Two persons each making over $100k IS in the top 10% of US income. That’s wealthy by anyone’s standards, except foreigners obviously.

I agree that the 1% is a problem, but not THE problem.
Depends where you live in the US I guess. Id imagine making 100k in NYC is fuck all and you can barely make rent.

Had my finger pricked for a covid test. I don't have it. Apparently it was an antibody test which I thought was supposed to tell me if I've ever had it, but the nurse said it just said whether I currently have it or not.

Depends where you live in the US I guess. Id imagine making 100k in NYC is fuck all and you can barely make rent.

I make right around that, single income.

We live comfortably, but cant put a lot away, and do without a lot of things that other folks dont to keep the debt ratio down.

Average house price around here is about 480-600k, ours was just around 300 which is pretty much the bare minimum to live in a safe neighborhood with good schools.