Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Place opens at 8. I got here at 7:15ish. Already 20 people here. This shit is a fucking joke.

200630699image000000.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
Ok, so the pic above? 20 was a rough estimate. There were old people hanging out in their cars in AC. Got to talking and apparently the people up front that had gotten there at 2AM were going to get in and out fairly quickly. The guy in front of me, who was the last guy that was going to get tested, got there at 5:15ish and was going to be tested by 3PM.
So, I left.
Knew everyone else I had tried to see Monday was going to be as packed, so I pulled a Hail Mary and went to the VA.

One guy in front of me. Took me a half hour from the time I got there to the time I left.
One time I'm gonna say it, gods bless the VA.

That fucking nasal swabs sucks ass, though.

:heart: @Mr. Asa - I hope you are well.
Broadly speaking, I feel ok-ish. Most of the minor symptoms I'm feeling are normal every day shit for me, although usually not ganged up like this.
The coughing is a pain in the ass, but right now it is like that beginning of feeling sick thing, where you're fine for an hour or so and then you just get a coughing fit. When it hits it is sharp, though. Unpleasant.

Broadly speaking, I feel ok-ish. Most of the minor symptoms I'm feeling are normal every day shit for me, although usually not ganged up like this.
The coughing is a pain in the ass, but right now it is like that beginning of feeling sick thing, where you're fine for an hour or so and then you just get a coughing fit. When it hits it is sharp, though. Unpleasant.
When do you find out the results?

I see you got one, but a ton of local CVS stores also have tests.
Ladybutt looked into that yesterday and got really weird and conflicting results. Had to sign up for an appointment? And that meant either waiting till mid july or going to Orlando?
I'm not sure the people on the phone knew what they were talking about.

wtf... that doesnt' sound right.
it depends on how many tests they have to run in a given day, and that's not something they can really predict right now. like there are a finite number of tests that can be run in a given day, between the human element of having someone running the tests, and availability of testing materials. a week is a pretty long time, and hopefully it's shorter, but they also probably have to overstate the turnaround time to be safe (if you tell someone it's a week and it comes back in 5 days, they're happy. if you tell the same someone 2 days and it comes back in 3, they're mad).

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Also, I was kinda clueless when I got there. I thought I was going to have to park and end up going inside. Drove into the parking garage and just got directed over to a testing line.
A screener asked me if I had an appointment, was there for surgery, or was just looking for COVID testing. Got directed to the COVID only line, when I asked the person taking my vitals they said they were screening everyone coming in.

I would bet that I got put at the back of the line for actually running the tests.

Ladybutt looked into that yesterday and got really weird and conflicting results. Had to sign up for an appointment? And that meant either waiting till mid july or going to Orlando?
I'm not sure the people on the phone knew what they were talking about.
I filled out this checklist and they gave me places I could go today. Might be worth doing if the VA is gonna take a week...

I filled out this checklist and they gave me places I could go today. Might be worth doing if the VA is gonna take a week...

There are no available times at this location.
Try searching for another location or day.

Either get that, or I click the "Check Availability" button and nothing happens