Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

I want to share a few of the experiences I've had in the last couple of days. Not to 'big up' anything I'm doing, there are loads out there doing more. But to highlight just how bad the situation is for some. With a million new benefit claimants, it's no wonder the department is struggling, and a system that was already letting people down is becoming probably life-threatening.

1 Took a food parcel and pizza to what turned out to be a young mother with 3 children ( let's not debate single mums please). The look of gratitude on her face was humbling. Her Universal Credit hadn't turned up on time and her cupboards were empty. Trying to sort out problems with benefits right now is almost impossible. The phone lines are clogged with hundreds of thousands of callers. I went back today with some Easter eggs, chocolate biscuits, yoghurts and sweets for the kids. She nearly burst into tears.

2 I called a woman before setting off to check her particular needs as not only does she have the virus but is recovering from cancer. 'Anything, absolutely anything. But please tell me you've got bog roll' (that's toilet roll to you)

3 My last call last night, probably around 8. All we knew was that a family of 6 needed food urgently. Not having a phone number, I just took a few basics with the plan of getting more details and going back tonight with more. I also took 3 takeaway pizzas and some fries to get them through the night. I knocked on the door. I have to describe the voice that came back as fearful 'hello, who's that?'
'Hi, I've brought you some food'
I heard 2 children actually cheer excitedly.
Jesus. That's chastening when children cheer because they've got food. In a first world country.
I feel like 99% of your posts are taking the piss and I appreciate that the 1% you break kayfabe for is something like this. thanks for sharing :heart: and I'm sorry shit's so dire

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Yeah, people will still be shitty to each other no matter what. But a guy can dream can't he?
How are you doing, Ozzy?
I hope all is well.
I dream about people being good cunts, like those that prevail in 80s movies, but the reality is most are shit cunts.

I'm still breathing man, how about you?

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
Haven’t heard how The Evil Empire is faring with all this. Does Vlad have that tight a grip on news media getting the word out?

Haven’t heard how The Evil Empire is faring with all this. Does Vlad have that tight a grip on news media getting the word out?
From what I read as soon as China started rolling with it they basically locked down. But I'm sure there's some control on the info getting out as well.

I dream about people being good cunts, like those that prevail in 80s movies, but the reality is most are shit cunts.

I'm still breathing man, how about you?

Hanging in there.
I have plenty of toilet paper but starting to run a little low on patience. :lol: