Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

viruses are weird. They dont tend to want to kill their hosts, theyd rather the host stay alive as long as possible to spread.

Although... theyre not conscious or planning beings... or arguably even alive, so thats what makes it weird.

viruses are weird. They dont tend to want to kill their hosts, theyd rather the host stay alive as long as possible to spread.

Although... theyre not conscious or planning beings... or arguably even alive, so thats what makes it weird.
That's how evolution works. The viruses that kill their hosts quickly aren't super successful.

double the number of hospitalizations from this same time last year. 1000 less people in the ICU though, 4200 this year vs 5200 last year. We've learned pretty well how to manage this thing and keep it from killing you mostly.

Statistically though.... same number of deaths as last year too.
I show 30k hospitalizations last year at this time, and 43k now. And deaths about the same. NPIs were pretty much all gone at this time last year as well. So why mask up again? Makes no sense.

When you're most contagious before symptoms, there is no pressure to keep the host alive. But now that most of the planet has antibodies for it, its going to be pretty hard for it to start killing us in large numbers again.

Well it finally happened, the missus tested positive.

I'm still testing negative but considering we've been spending the last month in a 17 foot camper with each other, I'm sure it's coming.

Right in time for a long road trip back to NS from NL.

Sometimes its good to have friends...

I can't get my doctor to call me back to write me a Certificate of COVID Recovery so that I don't have to test for our trip. Thankfully I have a friend who is a mobile PA. She just dropped it off to me. w00tw00t

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi and Peppers
Sometimes its good to have friends...

I can't get my doctor to call me back to write me a Certificate of COVID Recovery so that I don't have to test for our trip. Thankfully I have a friend who is a mobile PA. She just dropped it off to me. w00tw00t

why don’t you wanna test for your trip ? it’s a cruise anyway, everyone will have covid

Welp, managed to make it almost three years before it got me. Me and the youngest kid, she either brought it home from camp or I brought it home from work.

Head to toe muscle soreness, gallons of thick mucus.

Welp, managed to make it almost three years before it got me. Me and the youngest kid, she either brought it home from camp or I brought it home from work.

Head to toe muscle soreness, gallons of thick mucus.
Got a burgundy colored T line on a rapid test a couple days back. Not the faint "do I have it?" line that people sometimes post on facebook, the line was way darker than the C line. I guess that means turbo covid.

I'm getting over it now but my body's sense of temperature was fucked, I'm too hot and too cold at the same time and feeling gross and unable to get comfortable, blowing so much snot I gotta get up every hour and blow my nose... doesn't help a person get a good night's sleep. "Get some rest", yeah I'm fucking trying...

I'm supposed to go into work on Tuesday but I don't think I can even get my hands on a rapid test. I bought the last couple ones we used at a pharmacy in NL, but they're not available at pharmacies in NS, gotta get them from a public library or a MLA's office or some shit. And those are all cleared out.

Work provides them but that involves going to work. Maybe I'll head there and test at the door and fuck off if I'm positive. Fuck knows.

Got a burgundy colored T line on a rapid test a couple days back. Not the faint "do I have it?" line that people sometimes post on facebook, the line was way darker than the C line. I guess that means turbo covid.

I'm getting over it now but my body's sense of temperature was fucked, I'm too hot and too cold at the same time and feeling gross and unable to get comfortable, blowing so much snot I gotta get up every hour and blow my nose... doesn't help a person get a good night's sleep. "Get some rest", yeah I'm fucking trying...

I'm supposed to go into work on Tuesday but I don't think I can even get my hands on a rapid test. I bought the last couple ones we used at a pharmacy in NL, but they're not available at pharmacies in NS, gotta get them from a public library or a MLA's office or some shit. And those are all cleared out.

Work provides them but that involves going to work. Maybe I'll head there and test at the door and fuck off if I'm positive. Fuck knows.
Fuck man @ the temp thing. My ears are the sun and my legs are shaking