Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

The boosters are going to keep coming.
there are lots of boosters for lots of things, we just don't typically need to get them if the protection from herd immunity is high enough.

flu vaccines are recommended every year because the viruses are slightly different year after year.

a Tdap booster is recommended at least every 10 years. if it's been more than 5 and you have a puncture wound, it's recommended again. if you're pregnant, it's recommended at a particular point to pass some of the antibodies to the baby, and it's also recommended for any close family to also get their Tdap updated to further protect the new baby from pertussis in particular.

immunity from viruses like measles, mumps, rubella, and hepatitis a & b wane over time. people entering jobs where they are more likely to be exposed (healthcare, prisons) have to be tested to check for immunity, and if it's below the threshold to provide protection, they have to get re-vaccinated.

this particular coronavirus may be novel, but the need for for additional vaccination to maintain effective levels of immunity sure ain't.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
There's no actual science to suggest that yet. There are several vaccines that require three doses for effectiveness.

I feel like I made this list here before so bear with me on the repeat lol but off the top of my head with childhood vaccines:
initial DTaP series is 4 doses with a booster in a couple of years
initial polio series is 3 with a booster in a couple of years
HiB is 3-4
pneumococcal is 4
Hep B is 3
rotavirus is 2-3
Hep A is 2
MMR & Varicella is 2
initial flu vaccine is typically two doses about a month apart and then a fresh one each year (and if you only got one the first year they'll double you up the second year).

• Gravy
for adults, I've already talked a bit about flu, shingles, & Tdap, but the other common one is pneumococcal. typically one dose of the 23-valent vaccine is recommended for people 65+, but if you have certain health conditions it may be recommended to get 1-2 additional doses and start earlier, for a total of up to 3 (on top of any childhood pneumococcal vaccines you had).

& for the record with those "childhood" vaccines, the multi-dose series isn't just because they're babies, older children or adults who are doing a "catch-up" still need the multi-dose series.

No. You made a statement that isn't backed up by science. There's TONS of actual science going on now about COVID and vaccines.

image-20161005-15882-13x0gd1.jpg

HPV is a 2 or 3 dose series depending on age at vaccination and time between initial doses.

meningococcal is usually 2 doses each for menACWY and menB.

japanese encephalitis is 2 doses.

Then would you mind prefacing posts like that with, "I think". Words are important. Thanks.

And if there are, is that even a big deal?
No and yes, very big deal. Ineffectual vaccines which need more updates than a Microsoft OS? Use some critical thought.

Then again, Bill Gates is the self appointed vaccine czar.
It all comes full circle :)

No and yes, very big deal. Ineffectual vaccines which need more updates than a Microsoft OS? Use some critical thought.

Then again, Bill Gates is the self appointed vaccine czar.
It all comes full circle :)
no he's not you moron.

• Gravy