Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

I sense yet another worldwide lockdown incoming.
Nothing controls a formerly free populace like fear and totalitarian mandates. Dont forget to mask up while you jog, it's great for the circulatory system.
Because miasma was disproven sometime around the early 17th century. "Infected open air" is not actually a thing.
Apparently throwing away 150 years of microbe theory is tho.

• Gravy
Reactions: Music&Chill
If you want to argue against Emergency Use Authorization, I guess you can, but I think that may stem from a lack of understanding of the approval process (not to suggest I understand it either). When final approval came, it was from the exact same data they used to grant the EUA. The reason is that the science is done and we knew it was safe and effective. If your argument is that because we don't if its 100% safe and effective that we're all guinea pigs you may not really seem to understand our knowledgebase of the human body. While better than it was yesterday, or fifty years ago, its still grossly incomplete. You could make the exact same argument about any drug that is ever approved, EUA or full authorization. Right? But that's a silly and useless argument.

And on the vaccine front, you've read a lot about this man. Come on. You absolutely know that the COVID vaccines prevent you from getting it. And if you get it, it greatly reduces your chance of spreading it. If your complaint is that it isn't perfect, reread my previous paragraph.

As far as the study you posted, doesn't it seem somewhat normal that in a situation that the study authors define exposure as "close and prolonged" that people would test positive for the virus? Additionally, they're using PCR tests which don't align at all with the ability to spread the virus. And finally, I see nothing about the severity of these secondary attacks on the vaccinated (or unvaccinated, not that it matters) individuals. I'd bet there's a good chance that they are both asymptomatic and not contagious.

I agree that anything less than N95 is theatre.
Come on man, can you just let me stir the pot a little? Just a little?

Ya that study was focused on "close and prolonged exposure", as in a family or a few roommates, etc. shut in and somebody brings it in.

Also UK so unless you're well to do typical family homes, living situations etc. gonna be packed a bit tighter with less outdoor private space than we have here.

• Gravy
Reactions: NukesII and fly
The way some of you talk about the effects of the booster is not exactly encouraging but then again I have to keep in mind I'm talking to a bunch of desk job fairies so....

The way some of you talk about the effects of the booster is not exactly encouraging but then again I have to keep in mind I'm talking to a bunch of desk job fairies so....
That's the last one of those things I'm getting. I'm sure it was a cakewalk compared to getting vaccinated for anthrax and yellow/red/black fever, but it was enough suffering for me. I'm still not over it.

I was fine for all three of my shots, even when I got my 3rd at the same time and in the same arm as my flu shot. the worst I had was some soreness in that arm, but it was less sore than the Tdap usually is for me (which is one that people usually consider to be a particularly sore one).

everybody's body reacts differently to different vaccinations, though typically there are some commonalities that are more likely and those are usually caused by your body gearing up to produce antibodies against the antigens they just got the plans to make. but feeling kind of shitty after a shot is still better than getting the things the shots protect against (or getting The Full Version of it), both in terms of your own convalescence and in terms of reducing or eliminating spread.

the newer shingles vaccine (the 2-dose Shingrix series, as opposed to the older 1-dose Zostavax) is another one where there are a lot of people who report feeling shittier afterwards compared to others they've had (usually fatigue and muscle aches). shingles fucking SUCKS and it is particularly hard on people in the population the vaccine is indicated for, but it's a weird one because it's actually a self-reinfection from a previous infection (chicken-pox/Varicella) where it doesn't actually go away, it just chills for a while in your spine or whatever and then one day, maybe from another illness or stress, it's like "surprise, bitch." most of us are too old to have had an initial chickenpox vaccination, so we're all susceptible to shingles. but you don't get shingles from other people, so people choosing not to get it because of those potential side effects are only gambling with their own health at least.

IIRC, one of the vaccine trials gave people in the placebo wing a shingles vaccine, so that they really didn't know what they got - cause it makes you feel like shit too.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
I had a slight headache the next day. @APRIL had a sore arm. @lol and her crew had basically no issues either.

Second shot sucked a whole bunch for me, anticipated the booster to suck. But only had a sore arm and headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Gravy
Reactions: august