Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

but why is everyone freaking out?
Because everyone thought we were done, then Delta came out and no one took it seriously. It had higher viral loads, increased rates of hospitalization, and I believe increased rates of death.
We don't know how bad this one is, but everyone is already on the brink of collapse. Nurses and doctors are leaving their jobs, and the nurses were already overworked. The strain might be too much.

And yet somehow there are still mouthbreathers out there that think this is a hoax or that the vaccines are some sort of con.

Of course people are freaking out.

War News GIF by MOODMAN

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Because everyone thought we were done, then Delta came out and no one took it seriously. It had higher viral loads, increased rates of hospitalization, and I believe increased rates of death.
We don't know how bad this one is, but everyone is already on the brink of collapse. Nurses and doctors are leaving their jobs, and the nurses were already overworked. The strain might be too much.

And yet somehow there are still mouthbreathers out there that think this is a hoax or that the vaccines are some sort of con.

Of course people are freaking out.

americans are so silly and dumb

but why is everyone freaking out?
I don't know.

AFAIK, we have very little data about it and got a huge kneejerk reaction from both the White House and the CDC. If it is even more highly transmissible than Delta, then its already everywhere so shutting down borders is theatre. Once we get real data, if it turns out to be less deadly/transmissible, we run the very real risk of the boy who cried wolf - people won't listen when there is a real risk.

Making science based policies without actual science is bad.

Scale of spread is a thing. yes, there are omicron carriers. Theres probably few enough of them that we can still contact-trace and shut that shit down with quarantines.

Scale of spread is a thing. yes, there are omicron carriers. Theres probably few enough of them that we can still contact-trace and shut that shit down with quarantines.
No one is doing enough sequencing to detect this shit in time. And :lol: at us doing contact tracing. And even more broadly, if EVERYONE isn't doing contract tracing, it still really doesn't matter.

You, of all people, know better than this. Why are you sucking up to him?

At the time it hadn't received the full Monty FDA anal exam nearly everything medical related does so ya we were guinea pigs in a way.
I got it anyway. If somebody else didn't want to I'm cool with that.
I'm not so sure vaccine is even a correct term. I suppose it could be because it has to do with a virus but it just reduces severity, doesn't prevent you from either getting it or spreading it. Not seeing how that's supposed to "stop the spread".

Found this from last month.

I'll get the booster anyway, there are benefits. Just the way the authorities talk it's as if the stuff is some kinda covid kryptonite when it's nowhere near it.

Still wear a mask too if someplace "strongly recommends" it or not having one would make people feel uncomfortable, even though there's studies saying anything less than n95 doesn't really do that much, and most people just use cloth or surgeons type mask anyway.

So basically I'm vaccinated but I can still catch it and spread it and the masks myself and most other people use are as much theatre prop as they are protective device but I play along anyway. It's for the good of the collective after all.
Doesn't bother me if someone doesn't want to do some or any of that though.

Got my 6G booster.

Now, I'm a thoroughly moderna Millie, but I opted for the Pfizer shot this time.

And by "opted", I mean "Walmart had Pfizer defrosted today, so that's what they gave me".

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I stopped reading here.
Pedantics over terms, language, definitions, etc.

Other vaccines - you can be exposed to it and not get it/your antibodies kill it.

Covid vaccine - you can still catch it, still spread it, and still get sick yourself though probably not as severe.

It's like the "just the tip" of vaccines.