Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

I was reading something on the vaccines the other day that said calling them 'boosters' is probably a misnomer. Apparently there are a couple of vaccines that are a three dose regimen. This appears to be one of those vaccines. The suggestion was that we might not need anything else after this third dose.
off the top of my head, hepatitis B, HiB, polio,
& pneumococcal are ones you typically get a 3+ dose initial series and don't usually require a booster for outside of special circumstances. DTaP is one where you get 3+ and do need a booster, but it's specifically the tetanus you need to re-up later. varicella you get two doses, & then a 2-dose shingles series at 50+

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
a lot of adults aren't super familiar with what vaccines they got as a kid (or what the currently recommended childhood schedule is, especially if they don't have a kid of that age), and they're not always up to date themselves. part of it is because our records pre-date electronic health stuff so it's harder to keep track of it all, and part of it is because we're big babies who don't want shots, and part of it is they can be hella fucking expensive like when @OOD wanted a Tdap, but the overall outcome is the same in terms of unfamiliarity with normal vaccines, the only ones most sub-50 adults heard or talked about before the pandemic was the annual flu shot (which has to change year-over-year because it's built to target specific strains) and a tetanus shot if they get a puncture wound.

you get it after the fact in like a 5-dose series plus IG if you get exposed or a potential exposure, but people like veterinarians who are more likely to be exposed do get rabies vaccines regularly-ish. they get an initial 3-dose series and then should be tested every other year or so for titers to re-assess immunity, & if it falls below a certain cutoff they get another single dose.

and lots of people who've been vaccinated in the past for things are walking around rawdogging those things because their immunity has worn off and they just don't know about it. usually I see people finding out because they're trying to start a job somewhere that requires proof of immunization, & if the vaccines were given >=#n years before, even with proof they got the shots they have to have their blood tested to check titers & sure enough, some of them have functionally no immunity (and, if they weren't being tested for this job, they'd have had no idea). so they get another dose.

a lot of adults aren't super familiar with what vaccines they got as a kid (or what the currently recommended childhood schedule is, especially if they don't have a kid of that age), and they're not always up to date themselves. part of it is because our records pre-date electronic health stuff so it's harder to keep track of it all, and part of it is because we're big babies who don't want shots, and part of it is they can be hella fucking expensive like when @OOD wanted a Tdap, but the overall outcome is the same in terms of unfamiliarity with normal vaccines, the only ones most sub-50 adults heard or talked about before the pandemic was the annual flu shot (which has to change year-over-year because it's built to target specific strains) and a tetanus shot if they get a puncture wound.
And its a testament to how well vaccines work that we can often not even think about them. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: august
im all boosterized. Also, I was accused of being a reptilian by the lady in line after me. Feel bad for her to be honest, she was just scared and uninformed. She was there with her brother who was encouraging her to go through with it so she wouldnt lose her job.

Bill Gates, Microchips, Black Genocide, Zombies, Reptilians and and glitching eyes all in a period of about 2 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant
im all boosterized. Also, I was accused of being a reptilian by the lady in line after me. Feel bad for her to be honest, she was just scared and uninformed. She was there with her brother who was encouraging her to go through with it so she wouldnt lose her job.

Bill Gates, Microchips, Black Genocide, Zombies, Reptilians and and glitching eyes all in a period of about 2 minutes.
:lol:

Have I missed something? How are you in the group?

Also, more details on the lizard thing please?!?!? :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant

a) Maryland doesnt give a fuck, theyre ahead of the CDC guidance
b) I fit the old guidance of "essential worker" So im on the schedule

• Gravy

more details: Just a scared uninformed lady, thats all. Not crazy, but doesnt have enough information or good influences to know what shit is crazytalk. Props to her for doing the right thing anyway though.

Her brother was there with her in line encouraging her not to worry, and I chimed in in a small conversation saying id had a couple shots already and it wasnt so bad and that she shouldnt worry. You know how my voice sounds, and by the end of the conversation she'd picked up on that as well and used to to convince herself i was a lizard person cause i sounded "unnatural"

• Haha
more details: Just a scared uninformed lady, thats all. Not crazy, but doesnt have enough information or good influences to know what shit is crazytalk. Props to her for doing the right thing anyway though.

Her brother was there with her in line encouraging her not to worry, and I chimed in in a small conversation saying id had a couple shots already and it wasnt so bad and that she shouldnt worry. You know how my voice sounds, and by the end of the conversation she'd picked up on that as well and used to to convince herself i was a lizard person cause i sounded "unnatural"
You should have politely explained to her you're really not a lizard but you are a robot. I'm sure that would have calmed her down 😅

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Domon
Looks like January 4th is the day!

today was the day for my workplace. If you dont have your proof uploaded today, theyre starting HR actions.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers