Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Immigrant

full of tales of hot tail
Apr 26, 2016
and we would have no industry, because theyd all leave the country.

Yeah, that’s not true at all or Fords would be produced solely in Germany now and we wouldn’t had been declared “victor” in WWII.

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
You realize that post is a classic indicator of Stockholm syndrome, right?
How is the company ever going to grow to achieve its goals if all it's earnings above a million dollars are confiscated. Sure that works for small mom and pop businesses but how does it work for something like SpaceX that expends a million dollars a hour

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Wait, maybe I'll misinterpreted this. Does Doge mean no salaries over 1 million? Cuz that's very very different from no income

Immigrant

full of tales of hot tail
Apr 26, 2016
Wait, maybe I'll misinterpreted this. Does Doge mean no salaries over 1 million? Cuz that's very very different from no income

One million is a little low in this day and age. $5 million is more realistic. It’ll be painful (depending on one’s definition of “pain”) for the first 10 years, but oh well. People have survived worse.

Ðogesayer

never met a virtue I wont signal
Apr 16, 2016
Personal income, not revenues or profits.

Not no salaries over $1M, because that would be "mandating pay": everything over $1M gets taxed at at least 90%. Just like we did to create the middle class.

$1M is pulled out of my ass, but it's hard to argue that somebody should get that much while there are unhoused, unfed, and unmedicated people.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

tre

My favorite chef is Mike Rowave
Oct 15, 2004
igloo
Personal income, not revenues or profits.

Not no salaries over $1M, because that would be "mandating pay": everything over $1M gets taxed at at least 90%. Just like we did to create the middle class.

$1M is pulled out of my ass, but it's hard to argue that somebody should get that much while there are unhoused, unfed, and unmedicated people.
make it a billion, and it still works out fine

Peppers

Cryin' Like a Bitch
Feb 24, 2013
Mars
In Canada, you will not be able to travel by plane or train if you are not fully vaccinated

DAMN! that’s one way to keep the covids down
American Airlines, Jet Blue, and Alaska Airlines announced to their employees yesterday they must be fully vaccinated by December 8th or they will lose their jobs. According to their union, 30 % of the pilots who work for these airlines are unvaccinated. If they don't get vaccinated and walk off the job it could be another huge hit for the airline industry that is already hurting.

tre

My favorite chef is Mike Rowave
Oct 15, 2004
igloo
In Canada, you will not be able to travel by plane or train if you are not fully vaccinated

DAMN! that’s one way to keep the covids down
They also announced that federal public servants must be vaccinated or they will be suspended without pay or eligibility for unemployment. The unions are about to crack their knuckles…

• Gravy
Reactions: TuhMollie

TuhMollie

Lot's Salty Wife
Nov 16, 2010
Currently Locked up: esposa
American Airlines, Jet Blue, and Alaska Airlines announced to their employees yesterday they must be fully vaccinated by December 8th or they will lose their jobs. According to their union, 30 % of the pilots who work for these airlines are unvaccinated. If they don't get vaccinated and walk off the job it could be another huge hit for the airline industry that is already hurting.
so that's just those airlines right?

here its for every airline and our rail system period.

I know air Canada employees last date to submit proof of vaxx is today I believe.
my super super antivaxxer buddy that works for AC went yesterday and hes pissssssed.
he would have been suspended with no pay. he make over 100k a year so he had no choice.
I secretly giggled

Ðogesayer

Apr 16, 2016
He says while sitting back, on a weekend, drinking clean water, in a palace built by 200 years of capitalism... 🤣🤣🤣
Capitalism hinders progress and innovation by concentrating resources in the hands of a few.

Wednesday is a weekday.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor

Ðogesayer

Apr 16, 2016
Lots of the "palaces" being built these days truly are the product of capitalism; hideous overpriced monstrosities with almost no value in terms of craftsmanship or quality.

Peppers

Cryin' Like a Bitch
Feb 24, 2013
Mars
Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Peppers

Cryin' Like a Bitch
Feb 24, 2013
Mars
so that's just those airlines right?

here its for every airline and our rail system period.

I know air Canada employees last date to submit proof of vaxx is today I believe.
my super super antivaxxer buddy that works for AC went yesterday and hes pissssssed.
he would have been suspended with no pay. he make over 100k a year so he had no choice.
I secretly giggled
December 8th is the deadline for federal workers and federal contractors to be vaccinated. Those airlines have contracts with the federal government therefore their employees must be vaccinated by then. Eventually every company in the country that employs over 100 people will have to have their employees fully vaccinated. A date for that hasn't been set yet.