Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Speaking of calming. I've been meditating ~10 minutes a day with the Calm app. The lessons in there have totally invaded my life and decision tree, all for the better. Small changes can make a huge fucking difference.
Ive seen a couple ads for that.

It's great. I find myself using some of lessons in these quick sessions all the time. Unintentionally. Highly recommend.

It does sound like a better alternative than getting drunk and telling people to fuck-off every day.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Speaking of calming. I've been meditating ~10 minutes a day with the Calm app. The lessons in there have totally invaded my life and decision tree, all for the better. Small changes can make a huge fucking difference.
The wife likes that app, uses it to help fall asleep a lot of the time, so I hear it by proxy. She asked me to join her in the middle of the day for a quick session after her boss was being a bitch.
Did the close your eyes and focus on yourself, focus on your breathing, then we got to the "picture yourself somewhere peaceful and relaxing, it can be a park you like to go to, or a place in your home" part of it and I pictured myself sitting on my Grandpop's dock. Then my fucking mind made Grandpop come out and sit down with me and smile at me and start talking to me and I fucking lost it.
Wept like a little baby for damn near 20 minutes.

• Love
ill give it a try, i could use some calm in my life.
If you've never meditated before, there's a 7 Days of Calm training program. A couple quick notes:

* The full concentration for 10+ minutes thing is a fallacy, and sets you up for failure. Your mind will wander, and sometimes it might do that for the whole 10 minutes. That's totally okay.
* Remember that you're trying to form a new habit and all the psychological tricks surrounding it. I suggest setting time aside in the morning (I do it M-F), and initially being militant about it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
You should have @Mean Mr. Mustard send you a wooden dick. It's very calming.

is this where the line up starts for my wooden dick ? cuz i have arrived

giphy.gif

If you've never meditated before, there's a 7 Days of Calm training program. A couple quick notes:

* The full concentration for 10+ minutes thing is a fallacy, and sets you up for failure. Your mind will wander, and sometimes it might do that for the whole 10 minutes. That's totally okay.
* Remember that you're trying to form a new habit and all the psychological tricks surrounding it. I suggest setting time aside in the morning (I do it M-F), and initially being militant about it.
noticing your mind wandering, and bringing it back to focus is the whole trick

I use insight timer for when i want a guided meditation

Aunts, uncles parents of friends? We havent lost anyone direct like parents, but one step above that, a whole lot
I know two people ☹ I also had two friends end up on ventilators, one of them on three different occasions her family was told she probably wouldn't make it through the night.

closest thing ive ever done to this is more of a physical relaxation technique where you consciously relax all the muscles in your body moving down from your head. Just relaxing your face alone has like 3-4 stages that you dont even realize you're tensing. For me its relaxing my cheeks (kind of like stopping squinting, then my forehead, then my jaw, then my eyes until they defocus then my jaw again.

I meditate before each therapy client so I'm more present. I use a simple Buddhist app that just has a bell timer for each section but I've meditated for many years so skip any instruction type stuff when I'm alone.

• Gravy
closest thing ive ever done to this is more of a physical relaxation technique where you consciously relax all the muscles in your body moving down from your head. Just relaxing your face alone has like 3-4 stages that you dont even realize you're tensing. For me its relaxing my cheeks (kind of like stopping squinting, then my forehead, then my jaw, then my eyes until they defocus then my jaw again.
Called a body scan quite often. They do it a lot in yoga nidra.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon

Yep. Eventually you can get better at it. My point was to say that its expected and not something to get frustrated about. I still have *terrible* sessions all the time where my mind won't shut up.

• Gravy
Reactions: tre
I have. Both shots. For months now. Got the "vaccine passport" to prove it.
I just don't shun from my community folks that happen to think different than me that's all.

I have. Both shots. For months now. Got the "vaccine passport" to prove it.
I just don't shun from my community folks that happen to think different than me that's all.

Fo irony’s sake!

• Love
Reactions: HipHugHer
Yayyy... my sister has covid.
So, along with this I knew that my sister's S.O. ("Adam") had COVID as well.
They had my niece stashed away at my sister's S.O.'s oldest girl's ("Amy", for ease) house in lower Ga.

Sister and "Adam" think they got it at a funeral. Also at the funeral was my best friend from childhood "Brian", his wife, his kids (3 kids,) his inlaws and grand-inlaws, his brother "Charles," his brother's wife, his brother's kid and stepkids (like 5 stepkids, brother's wife was a slore that was as fertile as April isn't,) "Amy" and her husband.

I found out today that right now the youngest two kids of "Brian," 4 of the 5 of "Charle's" stepkids, and "Amy" are the only ones who don't have it. Oldest girl's husband gave it to his parents.

Most of us are supposed to be at a wedding in late September, and these fucking germ factories are going to still be shedding.

So, along with this I knew that my sister's S.O. ("Adam") had COVID as well.
They had my niece stashed away at my sister's S.O.'s oldest girl's ("Amy", for ease) house in lower Ga.

Sister and "Adam" think they got it at a funeral. Also at the funeral was my best friend from childhood "Brian", his wife, his kids (3 kids,) his inlaws and grand-inlaws, his brother "Charles," his brother's wife, his brother's kid and stepkids (like 5 stepkids, brother's wife was a slore that was as fertile as April isn't,) "Amy" and her husband.

I found out today that right now the youngest two kids of "Brian," 4 of the 5 of "Charle's" stepkids, and "Amy" are the only ones who don't have it. Oldest girl's husband gave it to his parents.

Most of us are supposed to be at a wedding in late September, and these fucking germ factories are going to still be shedding.
Needs diagram and maybe a count