Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Right, so performative virtue.

You do you, but I'm done coddling the unvaccinated by choice. If I give some ridiculous fucktard who thinks the 5G COVID bats are a CIA replacement for birds a case of permanent asthma, then fuck him.

Kids I'd rather not mess with, so if I'm around them, I'll mask up.
yeah.... august aint about protecting the dumbasses. She's worried about her kiddo, and the immunocompromised. The immunocompromised like you.... when you were getting your cancer treatment

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
yeah.... august aint about protecting the dumbasses. She's worried about her kiddo, and the immunocompromised. The immunocompromised like you.... when you were getting your cancer treatment
When I was immunocompromised I had better sense than to walk around in public licking windows like a fucktard.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly

the willfully ignorant can choke on it, my concern is the effect that it can have on the people who don't have a say. on principle, 100% fuck 'em, but in practice, I'm not going to feel better about infecting someone who couldn't be vaccinated because it's technically more the fault of The Great Unvaccinated Masses.

but again, I recognize that it's hard for me to be objective because of my kid - I'm perpetually around someone who can't be vaccinated, so I haven't felt comfortable letting up on precautions anyway. & so anytime I'm talking about the people who *can't* be vaccinated in general terms, my brain is always immediately subbing her into the scenario.

if it isn't her, it's my patients. I know a lot of us have been through a lot and have lost a lot over the past year and a half, but I lost A Lot of patients, & I'm starting to feel the panic over the hospitalizations creeping back up again & re-living the period where every morning I got to start my work day recording all the previous day's dead.

part of my leaning so hard into the arthropod thing is that I'm so very sick and tired of people in my life dying. it's got me fucked up and somehow my awkward ass is even more uncomfortable than it already was making human connections because everyone keeps dying & I can't handle it. I still cry when the bugs die, but it doesn't wreck me quite as bad. and if I can't save the people in my life, then maybe I can at least find comfort in saving a couple of bees or whatever.

I'm having a hard time, I'm not trying to GIVE anyone a hard time & I'm sorry if it came across that way. I'm just so fucking tired.

part of my leaning so hard into the arthropod thing is that I'm so very sick and tired of people in my life dying. it's got me fucked up and somehow my awkward ass is even more uncomfortable than it already was making human connections because everyone keeps dying & I can't handle it. I still cry when the bugs die, but it doesn't wreck me quite as bad. and if I can't save the people in my life, then maybe I can at least find comfort in saving a couple of bees or whatever.

I'm having a hard time, I'm not trying to GIVE anyone a hard time & I'm sorry if it came across that way. I'm just so fucking tired.
We're your friends. You can always talk to us.

Thanks for trusting us enough to open up

• Gravy
Reactions: august and Petunia

Not to put too fine a point on it, but y'all are living in Wisconsin, like "Ron Johnson" territory.

Like, I could see living in Madison, but 20 miles outside of Madison in any direction, and I'd be deeply, deeply uncomfortable.

That said, I haven't lost a single person this whole time (to COVID), but you still have my sympathies.

edit: if anything, the people I'm surrounded with are off the other side of the deep end ("the CDC isn't giving us the real numbers, we need to justify another lockdown now!")

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: august and fly
Not to put too fine a point on it, but y'all are living in Wisconsin, like "Ron Johnson" territory.

Like, I could see living in Madison, but 20 miles outside of Madison in any direction, and I'd be deeply, deeply uncomfortable.

That said, while I haven't lost a single person this whole time (to COVID), but you still have my sympathies.

edit: if anything, the people I'm surrounded with are off the other side of the deep end ("the CDC isn't giving us the real numbers, we need to justify another lockdown now!")
man, how did you get away with that. We're at an 8 count now. All older folks, but still sucks

so it’s been 3 months since i had covid and i still get the random covid headache .. and they are totally different than any other headache. i can tell it’s a covid headache right away .. what a fucked up feeling

i love you. i’m here for you

• Gravy
Reactions: august
I'm 53 years old. And I'm at that part of life where everyone I knew, that was my elder, is gone now. I'm still grieving over the loss of my mom and I've seen no less than 5 deaths of people I care about in the last 12 months. Everyone is starting to get old. And now we get to add the spread of a killer virus and stupidity to the mix. We live in some dangerously weird times. The stress for some people must be close to unbearable.
But if you can find a harmless escape, even for just a few minutes a day, it can help cope with all the bullshit.
I think @august becoming a bugologist is awesome. It's actually a very interesting hobby.
Don't mind me. I'm just rambling. Something I read touched on a nerve.

I think it's hard for me to even think of any more people to be honest. There's certainly been deaths the last 18 months but the mental toll it's taken in general leads to me blocking loads out. Thank god for TV streaming services is all I can say. Its one of the few things keeping me sane.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I think it's hard for me to even think of any more people to be honest. There's certainly been deaths the last 18 months but the mental toll it's taken in general leads to me blocking loads out. Thank god for TV streaming services is all I can say. Its one of the few things keeping me sane.
You should have @Mean Mr. Mustard send you a wooden dick. It's very calming.