Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
Steam
mattressfish
Thats good news, but as noted it requires vaccination. The vaccinated people will get it, spread it, but not get seriously sick. Which is fine.

Until you run into someone not vaccinated.
It was mostly a comment on "no word how much damage it does" - it seems (statistically speaking) very little. And there's a good chance that vaccination prevents infection at all, even with Delta (speculation on my part about Delta, but we have good data that it does prevent infection), which means vaccinated people can't spread it.

It's really BAU for vaccinated people, but the unvaccinated are in for a lot of trouble.

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
It was mostly a comment on "no word how much damage it does" - it seems (statistically speaking) very little. And there's a good chance that vaccination prevents infection at all, even with Delta (speculation on my part about Delta, but we have good data that it does prevent infection), which means vaccinated people can't spread it.

It's really BAU for vaccinated people, but the unvaccinated are in for a lot of trouble.

Thats my source for delta infecting even though vaccinated. I hadnt seen the one you posted yet about infection being mild, thats why i said it good

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
Steam
mattressfish

Thats my source for delta infecting even though vaccinated. I hadnt seen the one you posted yet about infection being mild, thats why i said it good
That article seems kinda scary, until you get to the end:

Two doses of the vaccines appear to be protective against Delta.

:lol:

• Haha
Reactions: tre and Peppers

wetwillie

Know-It-All Pee-Paw
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
Scary that the fully vaccinated rates in some states are still below 40%. Only 4 small states are at >60%. Guess the Dems will have it easy in 2024 if this stupidity continues.

Strings

Stuck with this Shitty Title
Apr 18, 2016
And these aren't your normal, everyday run of the mill dummies. Those type don't know they're dumb. This new breed is full of pride and confidence in their stupidity.

Last edited:

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
Steam
mattressfish
I'm completely confused by the people who are still wearing their masks below their noses - when they don't even have to wear one.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum

Strings

Apr 18, 2016
My last few shopping trips have been maskless. I still carry one though.
My work still requires them in common areas. Most people are just letting them hang off one ear or under the chin.

Strings

Apr 18, 2016
Well, we'll probably be headed back to a mask mandate if this delta variant continues to pick up speed.
Irony being what it is, it probably wouldn't be picking up speed if everyone just kept the mask on.
Most all the new infections around here are from anti-vaxers too.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie

HipHugHer

Looks like Ted Nugent, Smells like Sasquatch
Apr 18, 2016
I wear a mask when I want and don't when I don't want. It doesn't really have anything to do with a virus either. It's just nice having a little anonymity and having other people stay the hell away from me.

Mikeawesome

Im an Idiot, Ignore me.
Sep 27, 2012
I'll wear a mask
Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE