Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

I love this guy, but a lot of it goes over my head. That said, this article talks about other things we can do with the great successes we're having with mRNA vaccines. Right now, we're using them in vaccines to create something to alert the immune system ahead of time and be ready for COVID. However, these mRNA can do other really interesting things too.

Autoimmune diseases (like lupus @Maureen) are where your immune system goes rogue and starts attacking your own shit. They're having some success now in using this mRNA model to train the immune system not to attack your own healthy cells. It's still only in mice, but they have used this tech to completely reverse MS.

And just a general vaccine reminder that this mRNA technology that we're currently using is decades old. This is nothing new.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia and august

I love this guy, but a lot of it goes over my head. That said, this article talks about other things we can do with the great successes we're having with mRNA vaccines. Right now, we're using them in vaccines to create something to alert the immune system ahead of time and be ready for COVID. However, these mRNA can do other really interesting things too.

Autoimmune diseases (like lupus @Maureen) are where your immune system goes rogue and starts attacking your own shit. They're having some success now in using this mRNA model to train the immune system not to attack your own healthy cells. It's still only in mice, but they have used this tech to completely reverse MS.

And just a general vaccine reminder that this mRNA technology that we're currently using is decades old. This is nothing new.
yeah, this is all super exciting but building on knowledge we already have and figuring out how to apply it in novel ways. it's still groundbreaking, but it's not breaking that ground from scratch and we've got years and years of experience and data to inform it.

• Love
Reactions: fly

omg yay! this sounds promising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Kiko and I have covid tests today at 5pm

NO WE WERE NOT EXPOSED.

2 reasons: i have to take my best friend to have surgery on tuesday morning so because I’m her first 48hr helper after her surgery i require a negative covid test .
i’m still having trouble breathing but it’s gotta be something else.

Kiko has to go for some major tests to eliminate a potential health issue on monday and the dr is requiring him take a covid test as a precaution before testing begins

plus when we both test negative along with my best friend we will be in eachothers bubble for a week or so and we will get to see other people finally

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
did you have symptoms ?

Sore throat, cough, congestion.

Symptoms of a cold. The check-in app I have to do in order to go into the office flagged me, then the medical department there put me on quarantine until I got tested. They also did the test on Monday.

About the only step they didn't do was the lab work.

Sore throat, cough, congestion.

Symptoms of a cold. The check-in app I have to do in order to go into the office flagged me, then the medical department there put me on quarantine until I got tested. They also did the test on Monday.

About the only step they didn't do was the lab work.

those are some good measures and precautions

I too am a sicko. Went to the Dr for a sinus infection last week. After 7 days of amoxicillin I woke up this morning feeling like it morphed into bronchitis. Blah. Out of pills and need to go back. Might need something stronger.

I still don’t have much smell back. It actually seems to have gotten worse again. I had a decent amount for a few days. I can smell things a little if close to my nose but I was cooking bacon Yesterday and apparently it could be smelled house wide and I could only smell small whiffs as I stood over it at the stove.

I still don’t have much smell back. It actually seems to have gotten worse again. I had a decent amount for a few days. I can smell things a little if close to my nose but I was cooking bacon Yesterday and apparently it could be smelled house wide and I could only smell small whiffs as I stood over it at the stove.
That sucks :( Is everyone else recovered?

maybe you got zoo covids

I was already sick. We also just went 2 days ago
maybe you got zoo covids

Nah, I'm fine now besides the lingering sinus infection. Smoked too many cigs yesterday. Blech. I also might be impervious to the covids. One of the type O bloods apparently has a really low infection rate. Can't remember which one I am but it's not like I'm going to change my level of awareness.

I was already sick. We also just went 2 days ago

Nah, I'm fine now besides the lingering sinus infection. Smoked too many cigs yesterday. Blech. I also might be impervious to the covids. One of the type O bloods apparently has a really low infection rate. Can't remember which one I am but it's not like I'm going to change my level of awareness.