Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Has this been posted already? I wonder if the Harley rally helped the Dakotas take the lead. Good to see red states take all the top places.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
that graph is WILD
its like watching a horse race! I was rooting for Florida

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers and fly
so.
we kept Daphne home all last week just to be safe, BIL's test came back negative by Wednesday but he had a small cough by then. but, by the end of the week it was gone and we chalked it up to something minor/transient, and yesterday we brought her back to grandma's where her cousins (his kids) also were.
today, none of the kids are there/they're all home bc my FIL had a TKA yesterday and comes home today, but I got this text from SIL
View attachment 12698
:nev:
wtfff now what!
I told you to just cut them off for a little bit

I have my nephews in town (1 and 3), so we're doing something, but it'll likely just involve us walking around the neighborhood giving them candy.
I thought about doing a small party instead of trick or treating. That would be less people we'd be in contact with, but closer contact with the few party goers, so IDK.

wtfff now what!
I told you to just cut them off for a little bit
I need to work 😭 but with the negative test, and him feeling "fine," we thought we'd be OK bc Monday was the only day they'd be together, Tuesday Jason had asked off in advance bc my FIL was coming home from knee surgery so we figured he'd want an empty house, and then the rest of the week the cousins were all gonna be at their other grandma's.

got the text last night that my BIL's test came back positive.

my job is flexible in that I do not expect to get fired over taking all this time off, but I'm about out of paid time off. I can at least call out easier than Jason, especially on short notice, bc nobody fills in for me (my work just doesn't get done). we've been trying to be as safe as we can, and I think we've been more cautious than most I'm terms of keeping her home (we had another scare like this a while back with the same chain of people except everyone's tests came back clear that time)

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I need to work 😭 but with the negative test, and him feeling "fine," we thought we'd be OK bc Monday was the only day they'd be together, Tuesday Jason had asked off in advance bc my FIL was coming home from knee surgery so we figured he'd want an empty house, and then the rest of the week the cousins were all gonna be at their other grandma's.

my job is flexible in that I do not expect to get fired over taking all this time off, but I'm about out of paid time off. I can at least call out easier than Jason, especially on short notice, bc nobody fills in for me (my work just doesn't get done). we've been trying to be as safe as we can, and I think we've been more cautious than most I'm terms of keeping her home (we had another scare like this a while back with the same chain of people except everyone's tests came back clear that time)
I'm in a catch-22 with my work. I'd like to get tested, but if I get tested, I agree to self-quarantine until the results come back.

The official guidance to the ref labs here is that the entertainment industry and UNM football get precedence in testing, and so even if my sample goes in, it's as likely as not to get returned un-tested before it expires.

I need to work but with the negative test, and him feeling "fine," we thought we'd be OK bc Monday was the only day they'd be together, Tuesday Jason had asked off in advance bc my FIL was coming home from knee surgery so we figured he'd want an empty house, and then the rest of the week the cousins were all gonna be at their other grandma's.

omg he’s positive??
what are his symptoms today?

who in the family is gonna her tested now cuz of his results

omg he’s positive??
what are his symptoms today?

who in the family is gonna her tested now cuz of his results
he's coughing and aching 🙃
my SIL was told to get her and the kids tested Saturday (5 days after onset of his symptoms), and we were told that we should isolate as best we can, but we weren't exposed to a known positive, just secondary exposure, so testing isn't indicated. presumably if they come back positive we need to get tested, but like... it would be cool to not have to wait? but at the same time, we don't want to get tested too soon (that's what we think happened with BIL's first negative test)

he's coughing and aching
my SIL was told to get her and the kids tested Saturday (5 days after onset of his symptoms), and we were told that we should isolate as best we can, but we weren't exposed to a known positive, just secondary exposure, so testing isn't indicated. presumably if they come back positive we need to get tested, but like... it would be cool to not have to wait? but at the same time, we don't want to get tested too soon (that's what we think happened with BIL's first negative test)

i fkn hated the test. it was horrid
i hope it all works out for you guys and his kids come back negative
this waiting game sucks assassssssss

• Gravy
Reactions: august